Windows 10: 2 Hours offset in OS clock.

Discus and support 2 Hours offset in OS clock. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1). Auto time set is enabled, disabling /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shibodd, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Shibodd Win User

2 Hours offset in OS clock.

Hi,
    Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1).
    Auto time set is enabled, disabling / reenabling it doesn't do anything (it actually gets stuck reenabling it, but if i close and reopen the settings app it enables the setting).
    If i manually set the time and then reenable the auto time set, the time is displayed correctly until the next restart.

I run Ubuntu as my main OS and the time is displayed correctly with the same time zone.

Thanks,
    -

:)

Shibodd, Sep 7, 2018
  2. whycantiuseem Win User

UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

Today is April 24th 2018 and the UK is in British summertime which is UTC + 1 hour. Windows shows my offset as UTC + 0. I am in London (England) and my windows clock is showing the correct time but I have an application which needs to calculate UTC and it does this by taking the clock time and adjusting it by the UTC offset and it is currently getting the wrong answer. Ubuntu knows what the UTC offset is , as does Apple - why not Microsoft? I would appreciate comments. Thanks folks.

whycantiuseem, Sep 7, 2018
  3. pwmusic Win User
    How do I change the screensaver to 24-hour clock?

NOTE: I have set it to 24-hour clock in my locale and that works on my lock screen but the screensaver shows a 12-hour clock.

Any suggestions?

pwmusic, Sep 7, 2018
  4. triggerx Win User

Calendar: All day events spanning 2 days (1 hour offset)

In the Phone->Calendar section of the MyPhone website, when I go to Month view, I see all day events spanning 2 days. When I hover over them, I see that it goes from 1AM one day till 1AM the next day. For instance, St. Patrick's Day is listed... Starting
    at 1AM March 17, and ending 1AM March 18. They are all offset by 1 hour, making them all extend into an extra day. I have my correct TimeZone (Eastern) time zone selected in the Settings section, and the time is displayed correctly on the phone. Also of
    note, the "all day events" were either set up as "all day events" either in Outlook, the phone itself, or Plaxo. Thanks!

triggerx, Sep 7, 2018
Thema: