Windows 10: 2 Hours offset in OS clock.

Discus and support 2 Hours offset in OS clock. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1). Auto time set is enabled, disabling /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shibodd, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Shibodd Win User

2 Hours offset in OS clock.

Hi,
    Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1).
    Auto time set is enabled, disabling / reenabling it doesn't do anything (it actually gets stuck reenabling it, but if i close and reopen the settings app it enables the setting).
    If i manually set the time and then reenable the auto time set, the time is displayed correctly until the next restart.

I run Ubuntu as my main OS and the time is displayed correctly with the same time zone.

Thanks,
    -

:)

Shibodd, Sep 7, 2018

2. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

Today is April 24th 2018 and the UK is in British summertime which is UTC + 1 hour. Windows shows my offset as UTC + 0. I am in London (England) and my windows clock is showing the correct time but I have an application which needs to calculate UTC and it does this by taking the clock time and adjusting it by the UTC offset and it is currently getting the wrong answer. Ubuntu knows what the UTC offset is , as does Apple - why not Microsoft? I would appreciate comments. Thanks folks.

whycantiuseem, Sep 7, 2018
  3. pwmusic Win User
    How do I change the screensaver to 24-hour clock?

NOTE: I have set it to 24-hour clock in my locale and that works on my lock screen but the screensaver shows a 12-hour clock.

Any suggestions?

pwmusic, Sep 7, 2018
  4. triggerx Win User

Calendar: All day events spanning 2 days (1 hour offset)

In the Phone->Calendar section of the MyPhone website, when I go to Month view, I see all day events spanning 2 days. When I hover over them, I see that it goes from 1AM one day till 1AM the next day. For instance, St. Patrick's Day is listed... Starting
    at 1AM March 17, and ending 1AM March 18. They are all offset by 1 hour, making them all extend into an extra day. I have my correct TimeZone (Eastern) time zone selected in the Settings section, and the time is displayed correctly on the phone. Also of
    note, the "all day events" were either set up as "all day events" either in Outlook, the phone itself, or Plaxo. Thanks!

triggerx, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 Hours offset in OS clock. - Similar Threads - Hours offset clock

2. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  3. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  4. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  5. 24 hour clock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  6. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: I am using Windows 10 Pro and can't find the setting for using the 24 hour clock. I am getting only AM/PM. I work in the Fire/EMS/Rescue field and all our times are 24 hour based. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you...
  7. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165
  8. Clock is off by 1 hour???

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is off by 1 hour???: Hi My wife noticed today when I was logging in that my clock on my log in page was shout 2:15PM when in fact it was 1:15PM. I merely thought that when I returned form Japan recently that I must have accidentally selected the wrong time zone but when I checked the time zone...
  9. 24 hour clock on lockscreen

24 hour clock on lockscreen: I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24 hour clock. I have it set to 24 hour clock everywhere else but the lockscreen. In fact even in the preview for the lockscreen...
  10. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS: Windows uses local time for some unknown historical reason. If you want you can set it to UTC (especially useful if you dualboot with Linux and/or macOS). This registry change works on Windows 10 (I use UTC): Time - ArchWiki