Windows 10: 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form

Discus and support 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i have a 2-in-1 (hp envy x360 15m), which is obviously supposed to function as a normal laptop when in laptop shape, but is supposed to disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phillipthegreat, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form

So i have a 2-in-1 (hp envy x360 15m), which is obviously supposed to function as a normal laptop when in laptop shape, but is supposed to disable the keyboard when the screen is bend back more than ~200 degrees. Mine does this perfectly, until you get to about 330 degrees, aka almost fully tablet. Here's where things get FUNKY: it'll keep the keyboard disabled but ONLY when the screen is facing upright, aka the bottom of the screen is at a higher altitude than the top. If you tilt the whole laptop (still in tablet form) the slightest bit backwards so the top is lower than the bottom, it re-enables the keyboard and turns off auto-rotate, which is NOT what i want to happen.

Now, I've tried changing the registry values for auto-rotate and messing with the driver for the laptop-slate detector, but to no avail. It seems to be that the detector or some part is miss-calibrated so the laptop gets confused at some point. An interesting thing here is that the registry entry for auto-rotate will reset itself on start-up, even when I disable ALL permissions for the entry. At this point, I'm not sure what the issue is. I recently did a windows refresh for the sake of feeling better, but I'm pretty sure this issue existed prior, I just didn't notice it.

Anybody have an idea I can try for fixing? It wouldn't be too much of a problem, except I like to use this thing on my lap while kind of hunched over, so it ends up slightly tilted and I hit keys on the keyboard. I'll probably just use tablet mode for the time being, but I'd rather have an actual fix for the situation. IMO, 2-in-1's should just be made like the HP spectre folio, where they have that second hinge so the screen folds OVER the keyboard.

Thanks for any help, this is less of an emergency problem and more of a peculiar mystery.

:)

Phillipthegreat, Oct 7, 2019

2. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Windows 10 Onscreen keyboard is on HotKey mode when 2-in-1 is in tablet mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • When you say that everything is fine with real keyboard in desktop mode, do you refer to the physical keyboard?
    • Does the onscreen keyboard work properly in desktop mode?

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I would suggest to create a new user account and see if the onscreen keyboard works properly in both desktop and tablet mode. Please refer to the article below.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 7, 2019
  4. 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form

how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form

1. 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form - Similar Threads - keyboard turns while

2. tablet issues in 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet issues in 2 in 1: When I flip my laptop to use as a tablet, the keyboard buttons when pressed from the bottom are messing with tablet mode for windows 11. I know they got rid of tablet mode but ever since they did I am having major issues using as tablet. How do I fix this?...
  3. tablet issues in 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet issues in 2 in 1: When I flip my laptop to use as a tablet, the keyboard buttons when pressed from the bottom are messing with tablet mode for windows 11. I know they got rid of tablet mode but ever since they did I am having major issues using as tablet. How do I fix this?...
  4. Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows device, a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is wacom enabled. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device so the tablet acts like a wacom cintiq/one to the laptop? Thanks in advanced :)...
  5. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  6. 2 in 1 keyboard question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 in 1 keyboard question: Just bought a Spectre x360 for my wife and was playing around with it, trying to get everything set up and installed before I give it to her for Christmas. Anyway, as I was signing into her different accounts, I noticed the number pad on the touch-screen keyboard is... upside...
  7. 1 keyboard 2 computers

1 keyboard 2 computers: Usage: Dual pc stream, 2 pc's, 2 keyboards, 1 connected to stream pc, and 1 "connected" to both stream and gaming pc somehow, to add a keyboard overlay on my stream with Nohboard, I need the streaming pc to be able to capture my keypresses 142681
  8. 2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form

in Windows 10 Support
    2-in-1 keyboard turns on while in tablet form: So i have a 2-in-1 (hp envy x360 15m), which is obviously supposed to function as a normal laptop when in laptop shape, but is supposed to disable the keyboard when the screen is bend back more than ~200 degrees. Mine does this perfectly, until you get to about 330 degrees,...
  9. My 2-in-1 Laptop won't automatically turn into tablet mode.

My 2-in-1 Laptop won't automatically turn into tablet mode.: Hello guys. I have a 2-in-1 Laptop (see My System Specs) and I believe that it is not automatically turning into tablet mode when I remove it from the Keyboard Dock. Have any ideas why this is so? Also, I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem:  [img]...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet: Hi, I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The tablet came preinstalled with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 8.1. The product I have accessed in the settings is still the...