Windows 10: 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop

Discus and support 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My computer is an Asus Q524U IR Camera version, the problem is that almost a year ago windows hello was not working, I did not mind at the time... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DiegoFernandez6, May 12, 2020.

1. 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop

Hi,

My computer is an Asus Q524U IR Camera version, the problem is that almost a year ago windows hello was not working, I did not mind at the time and I had not fixed it since. My computer was working flawlelesly well, with no other issue since then. Today, I had some free time due to the quarentine and decided that I would take a look into uninstalled drivers and fix windoes hello.

I looked for the driver from the IR camera, uninstalled it and went to the asus website to download the new driver:

> IRCamera_Realtek_Win10_64_VER1001024011168 Version V10.0.10240.11168 from the Asus drivers website: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/Q524UQ/HelpDesk_Download/

After installing it, I was asked to restart the computer and it booted normally. Now, I configured the Windows Hello application, scanned my faced and finished the process : Finally, when I tried to do a test of the recognition, I closed the computer, but when I opened the display remained dark. The computer stayed like that for 10 minutes. I know it was on because of the sound of the fans and the blinking of the right led that indicates that the computer is working.

Then I restarted the computer and it booted up normally again. Closed the Laptop, re-opened and again, the display remained off, and I was not able to turn it back on Ctrl+alt+delete, pressing the power up button 1 sec. Rinse and repeat 4 times.

Basically, I will be super gratefull if someone could help me out with this thing, my only alternative is not suspending my computer :

Diego Fernandez

My complete system information

2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop d9982da6-8120-4d66-b20f-b9d4a945738a?upload=true.png

:)

DiegoFernandez6, May 12, 2020

2. Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, May 12, 2020
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: Intel product specifications
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: Intel product specifications

Hkcuong, May 12, 2020
  4. 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 12, 2020
Thema:

2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop

1. 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop - Similar Threads - laptop does boot

2. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  3. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  4. After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops: So recently I noticed my mic wasnt working anymore, so I deleted and reinstalled my Realtek High Definition Driver. After that my mic worked perfectly fine. But when I closed and reopened my laptop the sound doesnt work (even with headphones). I just do the troubleshooting...
  5. There is no sound after I close and reopen my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is no sound after I close and reopen my laptop: The sound also suddenly goes away after I close an application that was using sound. After that, I either have to plug in some earbuds, use my Bluetooth speaker/headphones, or restart my computer for the sound to start working again....
  6. Laptop closed down in 1 minute

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop closed down in 1 minute: Hello Please show me how to fix my laptop Acer that is using windows 10 is always closed down screen suddenly in 1 minute after turning on. Thank you for your helping!...
  7. Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop.: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I recently re-installed Windows 10 onto. I have an issue that when I turn on the laptop, the screen does not turn on at all and just stays black. Hitting keys doesn't do anything, neither does hitting the power button or clicking on the...
  8. laptop does not boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop does not boot up: It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot-up/27bde82d-cd0a-43c0-8a8e-b729aaab136e
  9. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  10. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect: Hey everyone, I'm a college kid who has been having major issues with my laptop, I'm desperate for some help. The problems: My Wifi cuts out at random, and after that my laptop won't reconnect- or connect to any wifi- until I either close the lid, wait for the green...