Windows 10: 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2

Discus and support 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On icloud for windows in signed in devices I see 2 instances of my computer(both same id code). One is the right one running windows 10 but the other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by idioticsucker, Apr 30, 2019.

1. 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2

On icloud for windows in signed in devices I see 2 instances of my computer(both same id code). One is the right one running windows 10 but the other is running windows 6.2 or something really old like that. This is a fairly new computer so its never had a windows version that old. I am not very tech savvy so my first thought is “hacker!” I am worried and need information. Also when I sign into icloud it often asks me to sign in twice. What is going on?!

:)

idioticsucker, Apr 30, 2019
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 30, 2019
  4. 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2

run 2 instances of skype on a windows 10 mobile phone

Is anyone running 2 instances of skype on a windows 10 mobile phone. I currently have a Lumia 830 running Windows 10 mobile and was wondering if anyone had figured out how to add a second Skype address to the phone?

KurtSmithTX, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2

1. 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2 - Similar Threads - instances computer showing

2. M.2 Disk not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 Disk not showing up in Windows: Windows 11Motherboard: Gigabyte H610 S2H DDR4Disk: Kingston KC3000 1TBI purchased a new M.2 disk. Initially, it was working fine, I formatted it, etc. However, when I was in the process of installing a Windows 11 setup from one of my pendrives, I couldn't see the disk as an...
  3. M.2 Disk not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 Disk not showing up in Windows: Windows 11Motherboard: Gigabyte H610 S2H DDR4Disk: Kingston KC3000 1TBI purchased a new M.2 disk. Initially, it was working fine, I formatted it, etc. However, when I was in the process of installing a Windows 11 setup from one of my pendrives, I couldn't see the disk as an...
  4. PCIE 6+2 pin to 1x8 + 6+2 pin

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PCIE 6+2 pin to 1x8 + 6+2 pin: Hi, I have the Deepcool PF550 power supply, which is a 550W PSU that comes with a PCIE 6+2 pin. I want to connect it to a RX6700XT graphic card which requires the 1x8 + 6+2 pin. Is there a way to do it without changing PSU? Like a converter or something. Thanks
  5. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  6. 2 Keyboards one computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Keyboards one computer: I am asking if it is possible to make it so one keyboard does not effect the other keyboard. I just decided to get into soundboards and was just going to use another keyboard I assigned it shift 2 for one of them but when I use my main keyboard to press shift to use @ it...
  7. How to get 2 Windows Computers to Install the Same Instances of Programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get 2 Windows Computers to Install the Same Instances of Programs?: Hi Ya'll hoping you can help me with this one. I've got two computers I use for work. A laptop and a Desktop PC. I'd love to have each PC mimic each others instances of programs i.e. if I install premiere pro with plugins to one, install on the other desktop at the office....
  8. running Windows 10 with 2 computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    running Windows 10 with 2 computer: can I apply 1 license into 2 computer where 1 computer is active in single time? or both computer is using same license and running in the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-10-with-2-computer/2cc5f42f-f7df-4f58-89ca-308675ffb9e3"
  9. One backup to restore on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    One backup to restore on 2 computers: Duplicate SIDs can be a pain in an Enterprise environment. This is Microsoft's stated policy on 'cloned' PC images. Cloning or duplicating an installation without taking the recommended steps could lead to duplicate SIDs. For removable media, a duplicate SID might give...
  10. 2 instances of the pagefile on separate disks

in Windows 10 Support
    2 instances of the pagefile on separate disks: HI there! Win 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.125 My desktop PC has 3 internal disks: (C) 250GB SSD, (D) 894GB SSD and (E) 3TB HDD. There is a pagefile on disk D and another one on disk E, which is just a storage disk. Both files have the exact same size of...