Windows 10: 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

Discus and support 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OhItsSn0wblind, Apr 6, 2021.

1. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet

the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's not even connected.I've looked all over and what I find online is registry suggestions, or bit priority. The latter didn't work ("packet priority and vlan" to disabled).

Someone else recommended changing the provider order in network and sharing (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections > advanced settings)doesn't even list my networks such as wifi or anything. Just "Microsoft remote desktop", "Microsoft windows network", and "web client network"

Bios settings are fine and don't specify anything about wifi or ethernet having priority, but all lan options are enabled anyway.

All drives are up to date.

halp

submitted by /u/OhItsSn0wblind
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OhItsSn0wblind, Apr 6, 2021

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Apr 6, 2021
  4. LVMan777 Win User

2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Had the same problem with Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi motherboard upgrading to Windows 10...
    Plugged in an Ethernet cable...ok...but no built in wifi
    Next time I "RESTARTED"....voila ....wifi app shows up...and I connected to my router and removed the Ethernet cable...*Cool

LVMan777, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

1. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't... - Similar Threads - issues Plugging Ethernet

2. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  3. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  4. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable

Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable: when i connect 2 laptops Windows 10 together via ethernet cable can I still connect my laptops to the internet via ethernet while they are connected together?...
  6. Ethernet Cable Isn't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Cable Isn't working: I have a brand new PC that I've been using fora couple weeks now and this is the first issue I'm having with it. This afternoon everything was fine, but after coming home from work 30 minutes ago my computer acts like my ethernet cable isn't even plugged in. The wifi works on...
  7. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  8. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OverBakedSOUP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvsgob/windows_no_wifi_ethernet_cable_works/
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB: Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer submitted by /u/IcyLaser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cv96xd/pc_ethernet_cable_to_wifi_mb/