Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Issues after Restoring image to a bigger SSD with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issues after Restoring image to a bigger SSD with Macrium: Hi, I wanted to upgrade my pc replacing a 256GB SSD with a 512GB SSD. So I followed this guide (Upgrading laptop SSD to larger SSD using Macrium and external HDD): Capture an IMAGE of the ENTIRE original drive to a file on your external drive. Swap out the SSD. Boot into...
  3. Display Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Driver issue: I have AMD Radeon 520 graphics card in my laptop (DELL) running on Windows 10 . Brightness of the screen remains all time same despite any changes made - I tried through keyboard keys , manual settings and I even updated drivers of it. But still the problem persists , What...
  4. Important issues of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Important issues of windows 10: [ATTACH]I have always encountered a small box to enter commands that caused me a lot of trouble at work it was named finalize the string so I need someone to show me how to fix or turn it off completely......
  5. Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue: I thought I'd just put in an update about the May 2019 1903 update. I ran the installation on both my laptop and my desktop. Everything went well for both computers except when I tried to watch a YouTube video on my desktop, I noticed my audio was gone. The computer had not...
  6. Windows Kernel Power issue v1903

Windows Kernel Power issue v1903: Hello, I have a reccurent problem with the 1903 update : Kernel Power error. Here's the xml : - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  7. precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?: this driver has an issue of reading multiple multi gestures whenever your fingers touch each other causing the cursor to spazz out of control and jump around(teleport) here is the video of this happening on surface pro 6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1pCl9LizY...
  8. Windows 10 activation issue after system crash

Windows 10 activation issue after system crash: I bought an original HP laptop with Genuine Windows 10 Preinstalled in it. After around 2 years, my battery went bad and my system crashed. I installed a copy of Windows 10 from a friend and i am not able to activate the account. How do I activate my Windows 10 again?...
  9. Windows Defender Application Guard: Network Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Application Guard: Network Connectivity Issues: I am having a 2 problems with Windows Defender Application Guard: 1) Every single time I restart, WDAG needs to reinstall itself. I though it was only supposed to install itself one time. 2) When I load WDAG using NordVPN, it does not work; yet, if I load WDAG using normal...
  10. Windows Defender Application Guard: Network Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Application Guard: Network Connectivity Issues: I am having a 2 problems with Windows Defender Application Guard: 1) Every single time I restart, WDAG needs to reinstall itself. I though it was only supposed to install itself one time. 2) When I load WDAG using NordVPN, it does not work; yet, if I load WDAG using normal...