Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Text not showing up, graphical issues after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text not showing up, graphical issues after update.: After updating to the latest Windows 10 version in the middle of using my PC a lot of the text disapered. I can't really use most things as the text does'int appear. Programs like Excel is supposed to have text but only the colors of the columns on the document shows up. This...
  3. volume issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume issues: My volume keeps going up and down, unable to change volume and troubleshooting says everything is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-issues/6df19979-b61d-4121-bb55-6ea11b951346
  4. Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps: New HP computer with Windows 10, version 2004: Checked Troubleshooter and saw error message in RED letters: "Could not run on 7/9/2020. Critical Trouble shooter." What should I do? Cannot install any apps from Microsoft Store. As soon as I hit "Install" they come back with...
  5. Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place: Hello, I need some help. I just finished a clean install of 2004 and after I was done with everything, I wanted to listen to some music just to find out that my sound is completely broken on 2004. Everythings is crackling / distorted and it litterally hurts my ears. I'm...
  6. Issues with Updating to Windows 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Updating to Windows 2004: I currently own an Asus FX505DU Gaming Laptop. I am trying to update to Windows 2004 and 20H2 provided by the Windows Insider Program. However, when I try to install both updates, the end result is always: Installing - 35% Then it pulls up the windows updater and tells...
  7. fresh start issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    fresh start issue: I have an issue with making fresh start on my computer. I keep getting to the question “do you allow this app to make changes to your device”. This is a finish when I click on this tab, I get nothing. Why is it happening?...
  8. Brightness and Flickering issues regarding Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness and Flickering issues regarding Windows 10: Hello everyone, Problem: The brightness of my laptop monitor out of nowhere just stopped working. I've tried to change it with the slider but nothing. It changes a bit but when it reaches 5 or 6% it goes back to 0, although I can continue to scroll the slider. Plus, when...
  9. Product key issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Product key issue: I bought a new PC and copy of windows 10 from newegg. Before install it asks for the product key, which I typed in and got "this product key didn't work. Please check it and try again." Am I just gonna have to buy another copy? I appreciate any input. submitted by...
  10. Microphone issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issue: I recently purchased a Corsair void pro wired headset and I am having problems with the microphone. Whenever I try to speak, my voice is not being picked up and other times I would have to push the mic against my mouth for my voice to pick up, but even then it sounds...