Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Issue with a repetitive key phantom key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with a repetitive key phantom key: I have a Denver brand computer with the Windows operating system, and when I turn it on and place the mouse on any surface to type, it automatically starts typing the + key as if it were being held down continuously. I would like to know what I can do to solve this problem...
  3. How to resolve crashing issue Asus G751?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve crashing issue Asus G751?: Greetings I recently purchased an Asus G751J gaming laptop and the laptop Windows 10, was once Windows 8 has had many issues with crashing after updating the computer. I even experienced some crashing when I try to adjust the power/sleep time in the Power settings. Mostly the...
  4. How to resolve crashing issue Asus G751?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve crashing issue Asus G751?: Greetings I recently purchased an Asus G751J gaming laptop and the laptop Windows 10, was once Windows 8 has had many issues with crashing after updating the computer. I even experienced some crashing when I try to adjust the power/sleep time in the Power settings. Mostly the...
  5. How to resolve crashing issue Asus G751?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...: Indexing not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-issue-after-windows-11-updatein-services/10435c2f-90ae-4a18-9b50-fbb64e8af91b
  7. Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...

Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...: Indexing not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-issue-after-windows-11-updatein-services/10435c2f-90ae-4a18-9b50-fbb64e8af91b
  8. Some sites not working DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some sites not working DNS issue: Some sites are unable to open, and displays "The site unexpectedly closed the connection". However, if I use my phone or use a vpn the sites work. Moreover, when I flush dns in command prompt, the sites work for a while then close. I am on windows 11. Someone else asked the...
  9. Some sites not working DNS issue

Some sites not working DNS issue: Some sites are unable to open, and displays "The site unexpectedly closed the connection". However, if I use my phone or use a vpn the sites work. Moreover, when I flush dns in command prompt, the sites work for a while then close. I am on windows 11. Someone else asked the...
  10. DPC watchdog violation and Freezing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC watchdog violation and Freezing issue: So, a few months ago, I built my PC, everything has been running fine and suddenly a few days ago I started having issues with it crashing in a number of different ways. The primary one right now is that the computer will freeze, or at least the screen will freeze I can still...