Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. headphone jack issue when connecting re-connecting earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone jack issue when connecting re-connecting earphones: Hi,I have Windows 11 Inspiron 5584 which recently stopped supporting earphones when connecting them into headphone jack, and instead using the laptop's own speakers for sound when listening to music, watching movie, etc.the only time the headphones do have sound is upon start...
  3. headphone jack issue when connecting earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone jack issue when connecting earphones: Hi,I have Windows 11 Inspiron 5584 which recently stopped supporting earphones when connecting them into headphone jack, and instead using the laptop's own speakers for sound when listening to music, watching movie, etc.the only time the headphones do have sound is upon start...
  4. Extend screen issue

Extend screen issue: I'm having an issue with my Laptop/Pc when im on extend screen one of the apps won't allow me to click on anything and just plays up... but my mouse works fine on the othet tabs/apps. Not sure why im having this issue??...
  5. Extend screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extend screen issue: I'm having an issue with my Laptop/Pc when im on extend screen one of the apps won't allow me to click on anything and just plays up... but my mouse works fine on the othet tabs/apps. Not sure why im having this issue??...
  6. Extend screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Having issues with intel RST driver

Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  8. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  9. Fingerprint issue

Fingerprint issue: i have a lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 all drivers are installed not a single issue in device manager. Everything is absolutely fine. But the issue is that my laptop has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor but its not detected in device manager and the drivers are up to date...
  10. Fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint issue: i have a lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 all drivers are installed not a single issue in device manager. Everything is absolutely fine. But the issue is that my laptop has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor but its not detected in device manager and the drivers are up to date...