Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Windows 10 Search Bar and Memory Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Search Bar and Memory Issues: Usually when I used to press the start button on my keyboard, i could start searching instantly. Now, sometimes, when I press start button, I have to move my cursor and click on the search bar/icon to search. its not as seamless as before. What happened. I have 8GB of RAM....
  3. no speakers or headphone are plugged in's issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no speakers or headphone are plugged in's issues: so i have a problem with my pc's sound device. i don't really sure if the problem is on the hardware or the sound driver. my sound driver is AMD High Definition Audio Setting. there is red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar and it said "No Speakers or headphones are...
  4. Color scheme issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color scheme issues: For some reason when I play a game in fullscreen the color of the game changes, and I have no idea why. This started not too long ago, and I have done nothing that will result to this problem....
  5. My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.: My Windows installation has had major issues. Since Sunday 1/24/21 my windows has been acting strangly. For example, the windows search bar, does not function anymore. Once I click on it it just buffers indefinitly. I cannot open Windows Settings or Services, whenever I save...
  6. audio issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio issue: hi, my audio is not working on my mic's headphones but when I speak near the laptop, it can only be heard even when the headphones are plugged in, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue/9150612e-12ec-408a-9b09-fd178e9f3bff
  7. Windows Search Issue

in Cortana
    Windows Search Issue: Hi Team, Unable to type anything in windows search. Windows Client Operating System -Win 10 Version: 20H2 For time being we are running cmd ctfmon.exe and fixing the problem. we need permanent solution for this search issue. Note: All the system installed with above...
  8. Android emulator issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android emulator issue: Good morning/evening/night, Recently i tried to run android on windows 10 with famous emulators after a long time but as soon as i tried to open each one of them windows 10 crashed and they redirect me to the auto repair on windows 10 boot screen , this happens with all...
  9. Wifi Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Issues: My wifi keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes, I've tried changing the power options to check it wasn't system turning off my wireless adapter. Is this a windows problem or something wrong with the adapter? A fix would be much appreciated. submitted by /u/spidas_x [link]...
  10. Bitlocker eject issue windows 10 Probable solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker eject issue windows 10 Probable solution: I have been struggling with my bitlocker enabled external HDD and the fact that I was not able to safely remove my drive was driving me insane especially when I have some important stuff on it. So here is the solution I have found so far that works normally on my Win 10. I...