Windows 10: 2 issues

Discus and support 2 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro. 1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 2 issues

Both systems have 64 bit Windows Pro.
    1. The first system all of a sudden does not show a USB drive. Windows beeps, no drive. Checked Device Manager and everything is good. Restarted several times. Same issue. And on this system updates just sit in limbo, they never complete and I have tried cleaning out junk files, regestry edit, ...
    2. The 2nd system read the drive the first doesn't know exists but the update issue is the same. Many updates to do, goes so far and hangs just like the first system.
    3. Anyone know how I can delete the old Windows directory. Went into properties and tried those ways, tried manual deletes and Windows won't let me clear it out.

Thanks For Your HELP!
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

2 issues

Hi April,

This usually implies if your device is connected to a company or domain network. If this is a private device without any connection to anything beside a private network, we recommend that you check the following settings to change your account type:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator,
    • Click Change Account Type to apply changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Aera Rua, Nov 15, 2015
  3. 2 issues

I think a setting just needs to be changed because the first issue is that it tells me that i must be the administrator to do certain things and i am the administrator. the 2nd issue is that whenever i want to open a program I get the following pop-up
    message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" however it does not give me the option to hit 'yes'. The only option is 'no'

AprilDavis1976, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

2 issues

1. 2 issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...
  3. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...
  4. Computer Docking Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Docking Issue: I'm suddenly having difficulty accessing my applications when I dock my laptop to a monitor. I'm having difficulty accessing Teams and even my Excel is buggy and unusable when I am docked. This is happing on different docks. Please advise. Thanks!...
  5. Computer Docking Issue

Computer Docking Issue: I'm suddenly having difficulty accessing my applications when I dock my laptop to a monitor. I'm having difficulty accessing Teams and even my Excel is buggy and unusable when I am docked. This is happing on different docks. Please advise. Thanks!...
  6. Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse: Hello! Recently I saw this series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 was on sale and began buying the seasons through the Microsoft Store. However, I've noticed a particular issue-- Seasons 1 through 8 and Season 10 are available to purchase as entire season bundles, but...
  7. Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse: Hello! Recently I saw this series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 was on sale and began buying the seasons through the Microsoft Store. However, I've noticed a particular issue-- Seasons 1 through 8 and Season 10 are available to purchase as entire season bundles, but...
  8. Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse

9. Has Windows devs corrected the Bluetooth headphones issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Windows devs corrected the Bluetooth headphones issue?: TLDR;Windows 11 has limited/changed/reworked BT so that external sound out devices are misidentified and don't work correctly. No fix in 3 years.I bought a PC where the motherboard has built in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Under Windows 10, my Bose Bluetooth headphones worked...
  10. Has Windows devs corrected the Bluetooth headphones issue?

Has Windows devs corrected the Bluetooth headphones issue?: TLDR;Windows 11 has limited/changed/reworked BT so that external sound out devices are misidentified and don't work correctly. No fix in 3 years.I bought a PC where the motherboard has built in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Under Windows 10, my Bose Bluetooth headphones worked...