Windows 10: 2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’

Discus and support 2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new keyboard after I noticed the 4 & 5 alphanumeric keys weren’t working on my old one. But now I have the exact same problem with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeytnG, Jan 31, 2020.

1. NeytnG Win User

2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’

I just bought a new keyboard after I noticed the 4 & 5 alphanumeric keys weren’t working on my old one. But now I have the exact same problem with the new keyboard. Also I’ve found out that the 2 keys aren’t working on the on screen keyboard neither. When I use an online keytester I can see the key getting pressed but it is not typing.

I already tried to solve it by:

1. reinstalling the drivers

2. troubleshoot the keyboard

3. filter keys turned off

None of these worked...

The problem really seems to be something with windows 10 or the computer hardware. Is there something else I can try to fix this?

--- moved from NL-NL ---

:)

NeytnG, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’ - Similar Threads - keys working ’on

2. No keyboard will work even on working ports.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No keyboard will work even on working ports.: I spilled cranberry juice on my keyboard and I unplugged it but it no longer works regardless. I tried plugging in a different keyboard that I now works for the time being but it did not work either. I thought maybe it was either a bad keyboard as well or maybe that specific...
  3. No keyboard will work even on working ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No keyboard will work even on working ports.: I spilled cranberry juice on my keyboard and I unplugged it but it no longer works regardless. I tried plugging in a different keyboard that I now works for the time being but it did not work either. I thought maybe it was either a bad keyboard as well or maybe that specific...
  4. No keyboard will work even on working ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Single apostrophe key not working - EVEN WITH ON SCREEN KEYBOARD - tried multiple new...

Single apostrophe key not working - EVEN WITH ON SCREEN KEYBOARD - tried multiple new...: Hello, I had an old keyboard and the single apostrophe key stopped working so I figured it was time to get a new one. I bought a new keyboard and the single apostrophe key does not work on that keyboard either. I tried plugging the new keyboard in to another computer, the...
  6. ` key doesn't work, even using On-Screen Keyboard

` key doesn't work, even using On-Screen Keyboard: Hello all, I have a rather weird problem that I don't know how to address or troubleshoot. Windows doesn't let me type the ` key. I have used 2 different keyboards, the On-Screen Keyboard and different language and keyboard layouts. I have also rebound the ` key to another...
  7. Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work

Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work: Dear Mentors; I have an strange problem with my keyboard In bios and log on screen in windows 10 num8 key is working perfectly but when i log in to windows after password screen physical keyboard and even on screen keyboard num 8 is not working every key working except this...
  8. Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work: Dear Mentors; I have an strange problem with my keyboard In bios and log on screen in windows 10 num8 key is working perfectly but when i log in to windows after password screen physical keyboard and even on screen keyboard num 8 is not working every key working except this...
  9. Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!

Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!: I have HP pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 fully updated. Whenever I starts my laptop, the Lock screen ask for password, But when I type password only key I,tab and space work from HP Laptop Keyboard. Then I have to wait for a few minutes, the Lock screen starts...
  10. One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.

One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.: The key for the equal sign isn't working on my keyboard, and just now I found out it won't work with the windows accesibility tools virtual keyboard. Strangely, the + sign works, even though it's the same key with shift pressed down. The keyboard works correctly on other 3...