Windows 10: 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change

Discus and support 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have my hotmail account signed as main account on both computers. I also use a student email for the email app and office 365, not the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adrenaline_Junkie_, Oct 31, 2019.

1. 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change

So I have my hotmail account signed as main account on both computers. I also use a student email for the email app and office 365, not the windows account. .

On my older computer, I can just change the Hello PIN, but on the newer one It says option currently unavailable/"sorry this PIN isnt working for your organization's resources" I then click fix to set up new PIN, and it only shows my student email and when I try to enter my hotmail email (same used for windows admin account) it says I cant use personal email. I really dont know what to do.

submitted by /u/Adrenaline_Junkie_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adrenaline_Junkie_, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Oct 31, 2019
  4. 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change

1. 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change - Similar Threads - laptops Same account

2. Only allowed to sign into administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only allowed to sign into administrator account: I currently reset my pc after never doing it before. After doing this, I was only allowed to sign into an account called “Administrator”. I tried signing in but I only arrived at a message saying “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.” I’ve...
  3. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id: Hi,I only used to have one admin user id on my laptop and face recognition logged me in brilliantly. Now, I somehow have acquired a second account on start up with the same MS id but which is not an admin account. I presume this occurred at a recent MS upgrade. Now my face...
  4. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id: Hi,I only used to have one admin user id on my laptop and face recognition logged me in brilliantly. Now, I somehow have acquired a second account on start up with the same MS id but which is not an admin account. I presume this occurred at a recent MS upgrade. Now my face...
  5. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 2 laptops only one recognises phones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 laptops only one recognises phones.: I have 2 laptops with the same Windows 10 build. v.2004. 1. Old Toshiba & 2. Newish Lenovo. Until a few builds No.2 will not recognise my Pixel 2xl & recently Pixel 5 when connected via usb. No errors in Device Manager. No.1 still recognises both phones & I would like to...
  7. 2 laptops, same account, cant change pin on one laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 laptops, same account, cant change pin on one laptop.: Basically I have 2 laptops that use the same email/account I can change the PIN on one but not the other... I am using the same account for both laptops, I have also used my school email for both, but on my main laptop I can change the pin but on the other one it says "This...
  8. Change settings to only one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change settings to only one account: Okay, after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a computer that friends and family use, so we have separate accounts. I'm trying to use a piece of software called Voicemeeter Banana, a virtual audio cable, in which I use for my own...
  9. W10 Personalization won't work on one of 2 ID's on same laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Personalization won't work on one of 2 ID's on same laptop: I upgraded from W7 to W10 recently. I have two ID’s on the same laptop. One functions fine and I can “Personalize” the desktop on it. However the other ID won’t allow me to “Personalize” the desktop. I right click on the screen and nothing appears. W10 is “Activated” on both...
  10. 2 email accounts but only one shows notifications

in Browsers and Email
    2 email accounts but only one shows notifications: 2 email accounts (gmail and outlook) but only gmail notifications show up on mail live tile or action center. Really Microsoft? 27913