Windows 10: 2 laptops show different formatting

Discus and support 2 laptops show different formatting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am speaking about ppt files. My new laptop shows different formatting compared to the old one. For example, the text overflows boxes and size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyLong4, Dec 18, 2019.

1. 2 laptops show different formatting

I am speaking about ppt files. My new laptop shows different formatting compared to the old one. For example, the text overflows boxes and size of items are different. But I set the same sizes on both laptops

:)

AnthonyLong4, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 18, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2019
  4. 2 laptops show different formatting

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

2 laptops show different formatting

1. 2 laptops show different formatting - Similar Threads - laptops show different

2. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  3. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  4. My laptop shows that i have 2 different processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shows that i have 2 different processors: On the about this pc thingy on settings, it shows that i have a IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U @ 4.9GHz 2.00 GHz same as my task managerOn my system information, it shows that i have an intel celeron n5095AHelp...
  5. My laptop shows that i have 2 different processors

My laptop shows that i have 2 different processors: On the about this pc thingy on settings, it shows that i have a IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U @ 4.9GHz 2.00 GHz same as my task managerOn my system information, it shows that i have an intel celeron n5095AHelp...
  6. My laptop shows that i have 2 different processors

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Difference between Format and quick format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference between Format and quick format: Question: Does selecting format, not Quick Format, write over the drive with some algorithms or just the FAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-format-and-quick-format/6de9cae2-54e1-4556-9a96-499db743641a
  8. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...
  9. TRANFERS FILES TO DIFFERENT FORMATS

TRANFERS FILES TO DIFFERENT FORMATS: I AM TRYING TO CHANGE A FILE FROM A JPEG TO A V3. I AM USING A SYSTEM THAT DOES IT BUT WHEN I SAVE IT TO MY WINDOWS AND I TRIED TO OPEN I WONT LET ME. THERE IS AN ERROR SAYING IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WHY IF THE SYSTEM I AM USING TO TRANSFER IS COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS???...
  10. format 2 hardrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    format 2 hardrives: I have a SSD and a HDD , currently windows is installed on the HDD. I want to format both hardrives and reinstall on the SSD. Will I be given an option to format both hardrives before reinstalling on the SSD? Or will I need to manually format the HDD first?...