Windows 10: 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.

Discus and support 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have 2 Win-10 laptops that were doing fine - Nighthawk R700P set up many months ago. Suddenly both cannot log onto wifi. Going to list of available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pogo, May 12, 2021.

1. Pogo Win User

2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.

Have 2 Win-10 laptops that were doing fine - Nighthawk R700P set up many months ago. Suddenly both cannot log onto wifi. Going to list of available networks, choosing "home" and disconnecting and then reconnect does not help. Suggestions? Not the greatest computer wizards here. 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi. :) Lenovo laptop wanted latest Windows update; upon rebooting everything seems fine. Other machine is actually an HP all-o\in-one, not actual laptop - but Win10 anyway. Will check if update is needed. Now HP is OK as well. Problem began there yesterday and on Lenovo today but now both seem OK. Curiouser & curiouser as Alice said; sorry to have taken up your time.

:)

2. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi. [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi. [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, May 12, 2021
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, May 12, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi. - Similar Threads - laptops suddenly cannot

2. I can’t log onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log onto my laptop: I can’t log onto my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-onto-my-laptop/04bda975-08dd-4f9b-b794-feaa49467049
  3. I can’t log onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log onto my laptop: I can’t log onto my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-onto-my-laptop/04bda975-08dd-4f9b-b794-feaa49467049
  4. Cannot log in to laptop

Cannot log in to laptop: I can log in and change my password on my phone but it will not allow me to access my laptop with the same password. Keeps coming up as incorrect password. It has been about a year since I last used my laptop....
  5. After update can’t log onto laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update can’t log onto laptop: My gateway laptop OS 10 just got an update and now it won’t let me log onto my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-log-onto-laptop/35a5e943-cff2-4cb9-8f78-289249ff1d65
  6. After update can’t log onto laptop

After update can’t log onto laptop: My gateway laptop OS 10 just got an update and now it won’t let me log onto my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-log-onto-laptop/35a5e943-cff2-4cb9-8f78-289249ff1d65
  7. After update can’t log onto laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  9. Unable to log onto Laptop

in Cortana
    Unable to log onto Laptop: I purchased an EVOO 10.1" Ultra Thin Laptop, Quad Core Processor, 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Mini HDMI, Front Camera, Windows 10 Home, for my daughter and she has tried multiple times to create an account on another computer and proceeded to try to log onto the EVOO laptop...
  10. Can't log onto a laptop, no PIN options.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log onto a laptop, no PIN options.: Hi My wife has a ASUS laptop and yesterday the computer crashed on her. When she turned it back on, on the sign-in screen, she was asked for a password. Unfortunately, she doesn't know any of her Microsoft account passwords (she never uses them). She has always used a...