Windows 10: 2 license keys for 1 account?

Discus and support 2 license keys for 1 account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently built a new PC and was going to move my windows 10 key to it from my current one. Instead I was thinking I would just buy a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JudeChauhan, Feb 28, 2019.

1. 2 license keys for 1 account?

Hello all,

I recently built a new PC and was going to move my windows 10 key to it from my current one.

Instead I was thinking I would just buy a new key since i'm not selling this one but giving it to my brother.

Would it be possible to have 2 license keys linked to my account and log in on the other one and it use the second key or do I need an entirely separate account for the other key.

Thanks,

Jude

:)

JudeChauhan, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

2 license keys for 1 account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 28, 2019
  4. 2 license keys for 1 account?

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. 2 license keys for 1 account? :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

2 license keys for 1 account?

1. 2 license keys for 1 account? - Similar Threads - license keys account

2. 2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT: I bought a laptop recently which came with a windows 11 home version preinstalled into it. Then i bought a windows 11 pro retail key and activated it into my laptop with the same microsoft account. Will my account have 2 keys attached to it?...
  3. 2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT: I bought a laptop recently which came with a windows 11 home version preinstalled into it. Then i bought a windows 11 pro retail key and activated it into my laptop with the same microsoft account. Will my account have 2 keys attached to it?...
  4. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  5. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  6. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  7. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1: I am helping a recently widowed friend with her IT amongst other things and have inadvertently ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts when we tried to renew her MS365 subscription - long story but suffice to say we live hundreds of miles apart and have to use desktop sharing to...
  8. Found 2 license keys in Registry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Found 2 license keys in Registry: Recently I performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2. I used the Media Creation Tool to do so and ended up with Windows 10 Home. Eventually I was able to get Windows 10 Pro installed and everything is working. The thing I noticed was that both versions of...
  9. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  10. 2 OSes, 1 Product Key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 OSes, 1 Product Key?: I created a Windows 10 installation media on a USB stick under Windows 8.1 Pro (Full Retail) on my new computer. My old computer had Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM). I ran setup.exe on the USB stick under each 8.1 Pro OS. They both ended up with the same product key. Why? Which license...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2 licenses account