Windows 10: 2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble

Discus and support 2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Im having trouble configuring the welcome or login screen in the Win10 OS. I have 2 local users, one with password. When i boot the OS, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boolz, Nov 25, 2014.

1. boolz Win User

2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble

Hello,
    Im having trouble configuring the welcome or login screen in the Win10 OS. I have 2 local users, one with password. When i boot the OS, Windows automatically logs into the last logged user. I dont want that. I want to choose between user1 or user2.

Setting password for each user is NOT an option
    The console tool userpasswords2 (start>run>control userpasswords2) doest not affect the system.

PC Specs:
    Motherboard Gygabite P43T-ES3G
    CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8400
    RAM: 8GB
    VGA : MSI 570GTX (1280mb, 384bit)
    SSD: A-DATA (the windows is on it0
    HDD: Seagate 1000GB

:)

boolz, Nov 25, 2014

2. Running 2 users on 1 machine

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well. If it does not appear in safe mode with Networking place the computer in clean boot state to identify the culprit program running
    in the background creating this error.

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot and check.

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 25, 2014
  3. Running 2 users on 1 machine

Running Windows 10 Home V1511 64bit, 16 GB memory

Have 2 accounts, one for me and one for wife. If we are both logged in at the same time, the process "System and compressed memory" will grow like crazy. With 1 account running normally 4 GB of ram and about 5 GB (of 64 GB pagefile) is used. With both accounts
    logged in 12 GB of ram and 50 GB of the pagefile will be occupied. System then starts complaining about low memory and the only process showing large memory usage is the system process.

Had no problems until sometime in mid-December but can't pin it down exactly.

Ideas of where to look?

boskone12000, Nov 25, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 25, 2014
  5. boolz Win User
    Thanks for the reply,
    It worked only once, the negative effect was that all network adapters was disabled. After i restored defaults all network adapters was up on startup.
    I will continue searching a way to do it.

boolz, Nov 25, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested all the options on my Windows 10, and while I don't get the network issue you did, they don't have all users show on sign in by default in Windows 10.

Hopefully when Windows 10 is fully baked and finished, it will again.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble - Similar Threads - Local users machine

2. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  3. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  4. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation: HII have a machine with multiple SSD drives.I would like to keep an upated version of Windows running on my main M.2 SSD drive as my "Home" OS I have another Sata SSD that i would like to use as my "WORK" OS. I want to find out if it is possible to activate 2 different...
  7. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  8. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  9. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...