Windows 10: 2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!!

Discus and support 2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I've got 2 logitech wireless mice - but BOTH run from either receiver -- seems it's not possible to restrict the frequency / settings so each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jul 1, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!!

Hi there
    I've got 2 logitech wireless mice - but BOTH run from either receiver -- seems it's not possible to restrict the frequency / settings so each receiver only works on the computer it's attached to.

Same with keyboard -- so beware if you buy things that support "Unifying technology" --it's not always what you want !!!!

Any idea if there's a way to do this - otherwise I'll just have a "spare keyboard and mouse".

Normally I use a KVM switch for switching Keyboards, USB devices and mice between machines but sometimes I want a dedicated keyboard and mouse on a machine -- it's mega annoying if BOTH machines react when using keyboard and mouse.

So anybody buying Logitech stuff --OK it's cheap and works OK but pitfalls for the unwary !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 1, 2020
  2. molnart Win User

Logitech wireless receiver compatibility

I have a Logitech LX710 wireless keyboard and mice set, consisting of an LX710 keyboard and LX7 laser mouse. Now the right button of the mouse broke down, just after the warranty period was over.
    Now I want to replace the mouse, but i do not want other wireless receiver on my table. The LX7 mouse is not available anywhere near me, but i have found the LX8, which seems to have a similar receiver as the LX710.
    Any idea if the LX8 would be compatible with the LX710 receiver ?

(On the Logitech forums there is a link to a compatibility list, but unfortunately the link is not working any more, and so far they have ignored my questions...)

molnart, Jul 1, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Logitech Announces Unifying Receiver, New Keyboards and Mice

Today, Logitech introduced a convenient and clutter-free way for you to connect wireless keyboards and mice to your laptop - the Logitech Unifying receiver. So small that it can stay in the laptop when you're moving around, a single Logitech Unifying receiver can be paired with multiple Unifying-compatible Logitech mice and keyboards - freeing up valuable USB ports and making it easy to mix, match and add to your existing setup, no matter where you are. The Logitech Unifying receiver is debuting with four new products: the Logitech Wireless Keyboard K350, Logitech Wireless Keyboard K340, Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 and the Logitech Wireless Mouse M505.

"At Logitech, we're always looking for ways to make life easier," said Rory Dooley, Logitech's senior vice president and general manager of the Control Devices business unit. "With this unique new receiver, now you can pick and choose the mouse and keyboard that work best for you whether you're at the office, at home or on the road."

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! 20e_thm.jpg

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! 20a_thm.jpg

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! 20b_thm.jpg

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! 20d_thm.jpg

2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! 20c_thm.jpg

Plug it. Forget it. Add to it.

The Unifying receiver - based on the groundbreaking design of the industry-first Logitech Plug-and-Forget Nano-receiver - is so tiny (it protrudes only 8 mm from the edge of your computer) you can leave it in your laptop when it's time to pack up and go. Whether you're moving around the office, traveling for business, checking e-mail at a local cafe or chatting online with family from the sofa, your favorite peripherals are ready to work whenever, wherever you are.

The Unifying receiver can control up to six Unifying-compatible Logitech peripherals and set up is fast and easy. For the first device, just plug in the receiver and the mouse or keyboard is recognized in seconds. When you want to add more devices, the Unifying software (available for download here) walks you through a few steps to get your new device up and running.

Secure Connection

Both new Unifying-compatible keyboards feature Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity, delivering the reliability of a cord plus wireless convenience and freedom. Fast data transmission, virtually no delays or dropouts, and 128-bit AES encryption give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your data is safe moving from keyboard to receiver to computer.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K350

Featuring Logitech's distinctive Wave design and Constant Curve layout, the Logitech Wireless Keyboard K350 guides your hands into just the right position and conforms naturally to your fingers. A cushioned palm rest helps position your hands comfortably and properly on the keyboard. Together, they can help you type with ease and confidence, but without forcing you to re-learn typing on an unfamiliar layout. And your keyboard is always ready when you need it - offering up to three years of battery life.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K340

Designed to fit your space and your life, the compact Logitech Wireless Keyboard K340 won't take up a lot of room on your desk and is easy to store or take with you. Yet its full-size layout and number pad put all the keys you need within reach. Your keyboard is always ready when you need it thanks to up to three years of battery life. To give you more comfort, the keyboard's low-profile design helps place your hands and wrists in a more neutral position. Plus, the quiet, responsive keys feel great and barely make a sound.

Logitech Marathon Mouse M705

So you can power on - from home to work and on the road - the Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 can go up to three full years between battery changes, using less than half the power of comparable mice (tested against popular battery-powered optical and laser wireless mice commercially available as of March 1, 2009). With hyper-fast scrolling, you'll fly through long documents to find what you need in a flash. Laser tracking ensures smooth, responsive cursor control. And the sculpted, right-hand shape naturally conforms to your hand.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M505

The Logitech Wireless Mouse M505 helps you get more done, more comfortably, in more places. With up to 15 months of battery life, you've got the power to stay productive, while laser tracking gives you responsive, precise cursor control on surfaces where optical mice fail. And the ergonomically designed, ambidextrous shape - which includes soft rubber grips - conforms to your hand to be naturally comfortable, yet the mouse is compact enough to take with you.

Battery life of Logitech keyboards is based on a calculation of an estimated two million keystrokes per year in an office environment; battery life for Logitech mice may vary based on user and computing conditions.

Pricing and Availability

Expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September, the Logitech Wireless Keyboard K350 and Logitech Wireless Keyboard K340 will have a suggested retail price of $59.99 (U.S.) and $49.99 (U.S.), respectively. With expected availability in Europe in August and in the U.S. in early 2010, the Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 will have a suggested retail price of $69.99 (U.S.). The Logitech Wireless Mouse M505 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in August for a suggested retail price of $49.99 (U.S.). All four products will also be available through Logitech for Business channels.

Source: Logitech

btarunr, Jul 1, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Recommendation for wireless mice

I do and have been for a while. Currently gaming with the Logitech MX Master 2S. Before that the Logitech Performance MX. For keyboard I'm currently using the Logitech Craft, which is also wireless.

Love Logitech's keyboards and mice *Smile

sygnus21, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 Logitech wireless mice - both run from same receiver ugh !!!! - Similar Threads - Logitech wireless mice

2. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  3. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  4. Recommendation for wireless mice

Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  5. Both laptops receiving the same blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both laptops receiving the same blue screen of death: A few weeks ago, about few days apart, both of my laptops started giving me the blue screen "unexpected kernel mode trap", one of the laptops was crashing constantly (error was showing every 5min), the second once a week. One of the device was brought to warranty, they...
  6. Regarding wireless keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding wireless keyboards and mice: For 25 years I've turned on monitor, speakers, and computer every day. Now I'm considering an all-in-one desktop. Just one AC plug, just one button! But I find that most of them now use "wireless" keyboards and mice. My questions: Do these have to be turned on and off every...
  7. Logitech mice buttons are working intermittently

Logitech mice buttons are working intermittently: I have two Logitech mice that I recently bought after my old mouse conked (or at least I thought). One is a G602, the other a G502. I have used both kinds of mice since building my PC in January with no issues until a month ago when my G602's buttons would randomly stop...
  8. My Logitech mice are glitchy

My Logitech mice are glitchy: I have two Logitech mice that I recently bought after my old mouse conked (or at least I thought). One is a G602, the other a G502. I have used both kinds of mice since building my PC in January with no issues until a month ago when my G602's buttons would randomly stop...
  9. Logitech Unifying Receiver

Logitech Unifying Receiver: Just a minor contribution here. After buying a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, I was having problems with the mouse continually stopping. The cursor would simply freeze. Many threads on other sites, including Logitech, contained various fixes but none that worked. After a...
  10. One Logitech Setpoint for two different Logitech mice?

One Logitech Setpoint for two different Logitech mice?: I have two Logitech mice (M570 and M720.) Been using 570 as my all around mouse, and just got 720 for photography editing. I have been using setpoint 6.67.83 with 570. I have tried and tried to use Logitech's support forum for the following question, but have found it...