Windows 10: 2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC?

Discus and support 2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Thanks a lot. Was there a question? If you are concerned, use SysInternals Process Explorer from microsoft.com to see what is running. 114097 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bro67, Jul 14, 2018.

1. bro67 Win User

2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC?

Was there a question? If you are concerned, use SysInternals Process Explorer from microsoft.com to see what is running.

:)

bro67, Jul 14, 2018

2. task manager access is denied

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on Properties.

5. Click on Security tab and click on Edit.

6. Then give full permission to the Administrator.

Step 2: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on End Task.

Also I suggest you to check the status of the account.

1. Type "Settings" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu
    and click on it.

2. Click on Accounts.

4. Check if the account is Administrator.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 14, 2018
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    Task manager is blank in processes tab

Hi,

To troubleshoot the issue with your Task Manager, I suggest you to run the
    System File Checker
    to check if there's a broken Windows component in your PC.

To run System File Checker, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:

SFC /scannow
    • Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to complete.

If you find Verification 100% complete, click X to close the Command Prompt.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jul 14, 2018
  4. hem981 Win User

Process from all users in task manager

Hi,
    Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I checked in task manager, it showed just one user, to be using 519MB RAM , but usage is 80%.

2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC? [​IMG]

519 MB is not 80% of 2gb, so I need to know what is taking up the memory. But the new task manager shows no way to see the list as in windows 7(Show proc. from all users). Now, the processes tab too is just like that.

2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC? [​IMG]

I love all the new 'cool' features in the new task manager but really miss that one checkbox. Is there a way to view all processes from all users in one single window? If not, can anyone say how to get back the old windows 7 task manager in windows 10?
    Any help would be appreciated.

hem981, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 many processes active when I start task manager, can it slow the PC? - Similar Threads - many processes active

2. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?: there was an svchost process in Task Manager called "imgsvc" and after finding incredibly little on Google and being unable to find something of the same name in System32, I finally found out that 'imgsvc' is the svchost name for the Windows Image Acquisition serviceI did...
  3. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?: there was an svchost process in Task Manager called "imgsvc" and after finding incredibly little on Google and being unable to find something of the same name in System32, I finally found out that 'imgsvc' is the svchost name for the Windows Image Acquisition serviceI did...
  4. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  6. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  7. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  9. "Start" background process in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" background process in Task Manager: Can someone tell what is this background process called "Start", it keeps popping up every time I end it... is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-background-process-in-task-manager/1702dbe8-3afe-4be3-a426-5d9ae347d506"
  10. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow: this is screenshot of task manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-process-running-in-my-laptop/6ee3daf5-1cbf-48b5-a041-9a2e2fdf47a1