Windows 10: 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!

Discus and support 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everybody , While I was running a high memory application I noticed in the task manager that only 1 memory slots are being used and I was lagging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abie_2467, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Abie_2467 Win User

2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!

Hello Everybody ,
    While I was running a high memory application I noticed in the task manager that only 1 memory slots are being used and I was lagging so bad , how to make both the slots work ? can we fix this through software ?
    2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used! f2c6a4a2-ab3e-4a30-8fb2-7a47f40fd20a?upload=true.png 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used! 205cbd79-9f90-4076-ae54-ab230dcf1a73?upload=true.png

Regards Abie..

:)

Abie_2467, Nov 9, 2020
  2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Nov 9, 2020
  3. slot 1 & 2

Good morning good people I have a problem with my cellphone slot 1 where there is mtn network not working but slot 2 with cell c networking is working even if I swap mtn to slot 2 still doesn't work but when I totally takes out mtn to another phone it
    works. Now I am confused what to do now,anyone to help me or I have to take back the cellphone to cellc as I bought it from them

CyprianDladla, Nov 9, 2020
  4. 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop only has 2 SODIMM slots.

I am upgrading the available memory for my ASUS ROG STRIG G731GT . In looking at my options, I found that within the Performance tap of Task Manager that it shows my laptop having "Slots used: 2 of 4" so I had hoped to use the other two ports for additional
    memory. However, according to the hardware specifications for my laptop, there are only 2 x SODIMM slots available for use. I have an additional 1TB SSD which is for use with Intel Rapid Storage Technology, though I am not sure if it is related, especially
    since the SSD is currently installed. Since this seemed to be more of an issue with Task Manager than with my hardware, I came here to inquire about it.

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop only has 2 SODIMM slots. WHERE ARE THE OTHER 2 SLOTS??

Abhirupam.s__, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!

1. 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used! - Similar Threads - memory slots available

2. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  3. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  4. Having 1 account being used on 2 pcs simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 1 account being used on 2 pcs simultaneously: Hello,We have 2 pcs in our family. I am working mostly on mine and my brother mostly play games. We want to buy Ultimate game pass but we want to share it as we dont want to pay for 2 passes when I play games only few times a month. Do I need to log my microsoft account to...
  5. Having 1 account being used on 2 pcs simultaneously

Having 1 account being used on 2 pcs simultaneously: Hello,We have 2 pcs in our family. I am working mostly on mine and my brother mostly play games. We want to buy Ultimate game pass but we want to share it as we dont want to pay for 2 passes when I play games only few times a month. Do I need to log my microsoft account to...
  6. Memory slots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory slots: I cannot see memory slot in my Windows 7 laptop. I wanted to know if it can be upgraded from 2GB to 4GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-slots/8a356983-bb5e-46b5-bbee-ecc6812dcdd1
  7. Memory slots

Memory slots: I cannot see memory slot in my Windows 7 laptop. I wanted to know if it can be upgraded from 2GB to 4GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-slots/8a356983-bb5e-46b5-bbee-ecc6812dcdd1
  8. Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available: I upgraded my gaming PC's hardware and software. I add (2) 500GB disks from a system I wasn't using anymore. One disk was a Windows10 x32 system disk and had 4 partitions , one partition was 'Reserved'. I deleted all the partitions but when I was done I only show 298GBs...
  9. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...
  10. 2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default: hey guys, i have a new laptop with 2 graphic cards - the first one is INTEL HD GRAPHICS 520 and the other is NVIDIA 940MX. i changes some settings i need to know if i do it right and how can i know if the nvidia is the default and not the intel. this the the graphic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my task manager showing 1 of 2 slot