Windows 10: 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

Discus and support 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Put an SSD into my old Toshiba laptop over a year ago and Windows was loading up as fast as expected UNTIL I installed all the February 27 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hops castle, Mar 6, 2020.

1. 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

Put an SSD into my old Toshiba laptop over a year ago and Windows was loading up as fast as expected UNTIL I installed all the February 27 updates including the optional update. Now, when I power on the windows logo appears immediately for 2 seconds then the screen goes black for at least 2 minutes before the login screen appears. Using Safe mode I tried uninstalling the Display Adapters and I tried changing hyperboot enabled from 1 to 0 in regedit but neither worked. And suggestions/ideas would be most appreciated?

:)

hops castle, Mar 6, 2020

2. 2 minutes of Black Screen before Login Screen & Slow Booting.

I am currently using Windows 10 Home.

When i turn on my laptop, firstly i see the windows logo as usual and then the screen goes black for 2 minutes and then after that logon screen appears. Then after login, desktop appears.

This whole process takes very long time (2-3 minutes).

When i had upgraded to Windows 10, at that time the booting was fast & no black screen appears. But after some days the black screen problem started with slow booting.

I think it happens when windows update has automatically install AMD Radeon HD 7400M series driver because from that day i am facing this problem.

Whenever i uninstall it, windows update automatically downloads it and install it.

My PC : Dell Inspiron N4050

Please HELP .

Saurav.Kumar, Mar 6, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Mar 6, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

1. 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update - Similar Threads - minute Black Screen

2. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  3. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  4. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  5. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  6. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  7. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  8. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  9. Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade: Hello everybody i messing with a problem and i need some help.I have an HP laptop Pavilion G6 and recently i installed Windows 10 on it because i upgraded it with an SSD so i made a clean install.Once i finished the installation e.t.c. everything was working fine, the...
  10. Blank Black Screen Between Windows Logo And Login Page on startup

Blank Black Screen Between Windows Logo And Login Page on startup: Since a week or two ago, every time I turn my PC on, it shows the information the motherboard always shows, then it shows the windows logo but then then it shows a blank screen for around 2 minutes before showing the login page. How can I fix it? I tried: - Installing an...