Windows 10: 2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort)

Discus and support 2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i recently reorganized me pc setup and i added a 4k 50 inch samsung TV. I used to have 2 hdmi for my other 2 samsung 24 inch monitors but now that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Emotional-Volume5262, Sep 16, 2020.

1. 2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort)

So i recently reorganized me pc setup and i added a 4k 50 inch samsung TV. I used to have 2 hdmi for my other 2 samsung 24 inch monitors but now that i added a 3rd one i need to use another way of output. I have an RTX 2070 from Asus and it provides 1 type c 2 hdmi and 2 displayports. I use 2 hdmi, one for my right 24 inch screen, one for my upper 50 inch tv. Now the problem is that all my screens use hdmi and i had to buy a display port to hdmi adapter/cable. When my pc boots i can see my asus ROG motherboard logo on the displayport but after the boot up logo screen goes with no signal. I have tried everything but i still can't get it to work. Any suggetions will help a lot

Things ive tried to fix it:
    Updating driver
    Windows screen detection
    Max Power management (something like that in the global settings in Nvidia panel)
    Cleaning my pc and my ram
    changing cable/hdmi port/dp port in my card

submitted by /u/Emotional-Volume5262
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Emotional-Volume5262, Sep 16, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 16, 2020
  3. M_P_ Win User
    Windows 10 unstable in dual screen setup displayport + hdmi

I just changed my system from an intel i5 2500k to an amd r5 1600 and with almost the same hardware (only changed cpu, motherboard, ram and switched to a m2 ssd as windows drive) and windows version (freshly
    resinstalled) windows crashes when I turn my displayport screen on again in dual screen setup with an hdmi screen.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: MSI X370 gaming pro carbon

BIOS: 7A32v17 (AGESA 1.0.0.6)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200 (G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

GPU: MSI RX 480 gaming x 8GB

VBIOS: 015.050.000.000

GPU Driver: 17.7.1

Steps to Reproduce:

• Plug into gpu ports: BenQ XL2730Z @ displayport, Philips 273P3LPHES @ hdmi

• turn on pc and displays, wait for windows login

• turn off displayport display

• turn on displayport display

• what now happens: displayport display stays black (no signal), hdmi display turns black (no signal), pc unresponsive

• after 10 - 20 seconds pc reboots automatically
    Expected Behavior:

displayport display should turn on normally without crashing the pc in dual screen setup

Actual Behavior:

displayport display causes crash when turned on again

Additional Observations:

Turning the hdmi monitor off and on does not crash windows even if displayport display is plugged in.

Unplugging the hdmi monitor and turning the displayport monitor off and on does not crash windows.

I used the exact same hardware and drivers before with an Intel i5-2500k and an Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 without these issues. Windows and drivers were completely reinstalled though after switching to Ryzen.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

4. 2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort)

3 monitors

Ok, so I have been trying to tackle this issue for a week now, with no success. I am trying to set up a 3 monitor setup at my church. I have a Dell Optiplex, with a 3 monitor setup graphics card. I am trying to hook up an hdtv, a projector and a monitor.

The monitor is connected dvi>adapter>displayport.

The projector is connected by VGA

The tv (larger monitor) is connected by hdmi>adapter>displayport

I can get it to recognize all 3, but it wont let me display or use 3. I want to extend 1 and 2, and mirror 1 to 3. 1 is the tv, 2 is the monitor, 3 is the projector screen.

HELP!!!!

KMiller0759, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort)

1. 2 Monitor 1 TV setup screen problem (DisplayPort) - Similar Threads - Monitor setup screen

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  5. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  6. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.: Hey gang, I got a new monitor and using my old one as a second monitor. The problem is that when Windows 10 activated stby mode. My new monitor won't fully go to sleep. The screen blacks out. But is still on. The Panel backlights a re still on and the power indicator is...
  8. 2 monitor setup

2 monitor setup: I have a vga and hdmi monitor. Windows 10 settings shows that I have 2 monitors set up, but when I try to run some programs they show up on the second monitor and not the first. Then the next problem is that the mouse cursor is still on the 1st monitor. When I try to arrange...
  9. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors: Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors. Whenever i drag an app onto one of the 2 outer monitors, the app decides to rescale to fit the whole screen without my doing....
  10. 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

1 of 2 new monitors not full screen: I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs. I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs. The vga to vga connection to monitor 1 produces full screen on 1920x1080 (recommended) Asus furnished a cable DVI to HDMI. This...