Windows 10: 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

Discus and support 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Laptop :D, Nov 24, 2022.

1. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the laptop while the other user works on the additional monitor with help of external keyboard and mice. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

:)

Mr Laptop :D, Nov 24, 2022
  2. jfkjax Win User

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Nov 24, 2022
  3. pizza.dan Win User
    Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Nov 24, 2022
  4. littleDJ Win User

2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?

So, I'm using this program called aster which lets you turn your one computer into 2. For some reason this program doesn't allow you to have 2 monitors on one workplace. Is there a way to list 2 monitors as 1?

Processor: 64 bit

littleDJ, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

1. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop - Similar Threads - Monitor User Laptop

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  6. 2 users on 1 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  7. Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.

Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.: Hi there, When I started my PC today Windows spread the screen you would normally see on 1 monitor onto 2 monitors. This caused me to have a wide screen. This looks really weird. Is there a way to fix this problem so I see 1 monitor screen on one monitor instead of 2...
  8. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  9. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  10. 1 monitors 2 printers

1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8