Windows 10: 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

Discus and support 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 2-monitor setup. As recently as yesterday 1/20/2020, the display settings had Display 1 on the left monitor main display and Display 2 on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hope Needs Help, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

I have a 2-monitor setup. As recently as yesterday 1/20/2020, the display settings had Display 1 on the left monitor main display and Display 2 on the right monitor. Today, Display 1 is on the right monitor regardless of how I configure the display settings.

In the top screenshot, in the image below, Display 1 is on the right and Display 2 is on the left in the display settings. This is consistent with the layout that 'Identify' ... identifies. In the bottom screenshot, the display settings show Display 1 on the left and Display 2 on the right, however 'Identify' shows Display 1 on the right and Display 2 on the left.

2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor 7118d661-e404-4817-aaf7-eddfcb0984fa?upload=true.png

For what it is worth, these screenshots are edited to be consistent with my monitor setup. When the display settings show Display 1 on the left and Display 2 on the right, both the cursor and a raw screenshot behave as if that is true.However, Display 1 is stuck on the right monitor, so these screenshots show what I am seeing.

I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the monitors, uninstalling and re-installing the display drivers, and rebooting the computer. Nothing satisfactorily resolves my problem, which is that regardless of the display settings, Display 1 is stuck on the right monitor. I could make Display 2 my main display and have that be on the left, which wouldfunctionally make the setup do what I want, but would not resolve the actual problem of Display 1 being stuck on the right monitor. Since the displays were set how I wanted them yesterday, clearly something has changed, and I'd like to know what.

:)

Hope Needs Help, Jan 21, 2020

2. Monitor Display

I found Latvian in the choices for a monitor display. It displayed on Monitor 1 but not on Monitor 2. Now I can't find where I got it to retry. Suggestions?

KateinIowa, Jan 21, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 21, 2020
  4. pizza.dan Win User

2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

1. 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor - Similar Threads - Monitor Display Display

2. Monitor display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor display: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Everything works fine, except that the Samsung monitor connected to the Dell laptop does not display the entire laptop screen date and time not visible. It's as if the display moved slightly to the right but there is no black area on...
  3. Monitor display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor display: After i installed recent NVidia driver my monitors hz went to 60 and my resolution now says 1920 1080, and active signal resolution 3840 2160 is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-display/f48c1833-fb71-4bb0-a15a-5ac7afc57978
  4. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  5. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  6. display monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display monitor: How do I get PC to detect third monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-monitor/1d478ca7-2199-421d-859c-bcf217449db3
  7. Windows 10 Monitor 1 and 2 are not showing in Display

Windows 10 Monitor 1 and 2 are not showing in Display: I want to add a 2nd monitor to my son's PC and when I got to display to extend from 1 to 2 monitors, NEITHER monitor boxes are showing. Detect doesn't find either of them. My son is currently using Monitor 1 to play his game but I wanted to add the other monitor and I can....
  8. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  9. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...