Windows 10: 2 monitor setup

Discus and support 2 monitor setup in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a vga and hdmi monitor. Windows 10 settings shows that I have 2 monitors set up, but when I try to run some programs they show up on the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bha19, May 5, 2020.

1. bha19 Win User

2 monitor setup

I have a vga and hdmi monitor. Windows 10 settings shows that I have 2 monitors set up, but when I try to run some programs they show up on the second monitor and not the first. Then the next problem is that the mouse cursor is still on the 1st monitor. When I try to arrange the monitors in display settings and then click identify i cannot seem to get my main display to show as 1. How do i correct this?

:)

bha19, May 5, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 5, 2020
  4. 2 monitor setup

(4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, May 5, 2020
Thema:

2 monitor setup

1. 2 monitor setup - Similar Threads - monitor setup

2. Dual monitor setup with DisplayFusion and different resolutions. Game crashes sporadically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor setup with DisplayFusion and different resolutions. Game crashes sporadically.: Running ASUS XG279Q (main) 1440p 170 Hz Alienware 2521HF (alternate) 1080p 170 Hz They are set at different resolutions. I'm suspecting this might be the cause. I do not know how to fix this. I'm utilizing DisplayFusion. DisplayFusion has been working well and I...
  3. Windows 10 x64 and AMD HD Radeon 7570 driver issue on dual monitor setup??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 x64 and AMD HD Radeon 7570 driver issue on dual monitor setup??: Hello, I have a Windows 10 x64, Dell XPS 8700, with a AMD Radeon HD 7570 graphics card, with dual port outlets. Here's the thing, which I believe is a driver compatibility issue with Windows 10. With Radeon driver 25.20.14003.1010, only 1 monitor is detected and works....
  4. Dual monitor setup app maximizing problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor setup app maximizing problem: when every i try to minimize and maximize games on my primary screen the windows of apps like team speak 3 and discord shift position on second screen. both the screens are running on 1080p the only difference is refresh rate and game is also on 1080p. even apps open on...
  5. Dual monitor setup won't line up correctly in Windows 10

Dual monitor setup won't line up correctly in Windows 10: submitted by /u/GreekIngenuity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3vhvo/dual_monitor_setup_wont_line_up_correctly_in/
  6. Three monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Three monitor setup: I'm trying to set up 2 additional monitors connected to my HP pavilion. I have one connected directly through an HDMI cord and the HDMI port. My second additional monitor is connected through a usb type c -> HDMI adapter. The screen that is set up through the adapter is not...
  7. I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...

I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tallspartan117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv4y5x/im_trying_to_setup_a_monitor_for_my_laptop_but/
  8. UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.

UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.: Hey all, I recently started having issues with programs being moved on wakeup to one monitor, regardless of where I had them prior to sleep. Including things such as my LOCKED taskbar, they would just... move across. I searched online for any help regarding this, or...
  9. Dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  10. System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?

System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?: I can't figure out how (or if I even can) to have the system icons show up on my second monitor too, all I have on the right is the time and date. I could really benefit having those on my second monitor since when playing games I have to win-tab and click on "view desktop"...