Windows 10: 2 monitors, change main

Discus and support 2 monitors, change main in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors, I switched them physically a couple days. they are like this in |display| 1 2 this way when I go from 1 to 2 the mouse travels to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ChrisPbass, May 18, 2021.

1. 2 monitors, change main

I have 2 monitors, I switched them physically a couple days. they are like this in |display| 1 2 this way when I go from 1 to 2 the mouse travels to the right, as opposed to me having to go LEFT to get to the rt monitor. However, I want 2 to be 1 as far as start menu and taskbar goes. How do I get 1 on the right and have the mouse L|R work correctly? NOTE: regardless of whether display says its 1 | 2, or 2 | 1, when I click identify it always shows as 1 | 2

:)

ChrisPbass, May 18, 2021

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 18, 2021
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 18, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

2 monitors, change main

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 18, 2021
Thema:

2 monitors, change main

1. 2 monitors, change main - Similar Threads - monitors change main

2. Changing monitor 1 and 2 does not actually change them even if 2 is not selected as main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing monitor 1 and 2 does not actually change them even if 2 is not selected as main...: I have made my second monitor which is my primary but shows up as number 2 my main display, however, I need to change it to 1 because otherwise my apps still only open on monitor 1 even if it's no longer the main display...
  3. Changing monitor 1 and 2 does not actually change them even if 2 is not selected as main...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing monitor 1 and 2 does not actually change them even if 2 is not selected as main...: I have made my second monitor which is my primary but shows up as number 2 my main display, however, I need to change it to 1 because otherwise my apps still only open on monitor 1 even if it's no longer the main display...
  4. Changing monitor 1 and 2 does not actually change them even if 2 is not selected as main...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Main monitor

Main monitor: Every once in a while my main monitor freezes. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop. I have to restart my graphics drivers every time this happens using Win+Ctrl+Shift+B, and although this works, I am looking for a permanent fix, and an explanation to the problem. Looking this...
  6. Second monitor is showing as 1 and main is 2 and I cannot change it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor is showing as 1 and main is 2 and I cannot change it?: Just as title says, I connect my second monitor and it says "1" in display under settings and I cannot change it. It is making my primary monitor as 2 and "make this my main display" is greyed out when I select my primary display. https://imgur.com/O9HBnjx here is a picture...
  7. Monitor 2 automaticly set as main monitor.. How tho change that?

Monitor 2 automaticly set as main monitor.. How tho change that?: If i hit the windows key.. Windows open it on the wrong monitor submitted by /u/Rafael3110 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxftst/monitor_2_automaticly_set_as_main_monitor_how_tho/
  8. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...
  9. 3/2/2020 Update locked out main monitor

3/2/2020 Update locked out main monitor: This morning only my dual monitor is working. I see there was a driver update installed yesterday. I have the All-In-One HP and now the main screen on the All-In -One is black. What can i do?...
  10. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.: I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to change which monitor I get my notifications on without changing the orientation of my monitors. Usually, the main monitor is...