Windows 10: 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

Discus and support 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tommy walker1, Aug 13, 2022.

1. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain green screen so I decided to turn my pc off and on. here is the problem, both my monitors show the exact same thing and when I press detect multiple monitors it says there is only one what should I do?

:)

tommy walker1, Aug 13, 2022

2. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain green screen so I decided to turn my pc off and on. here is the problem, both my monitors show the exact same thing and when I press detect multiple monitors it says there is only one what should I do?

tommy walker1, Aug 14, 2022
  3. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

There was a note about green screen in documentation recently for something but I can't remember what it was. Might be Windows, might be the GPU driver. I think it was one of these. Also can't remember if it was a known issue or was fixed.

It is possible that its another issue though. Something going bad can display colors as well. You really need to narrow down the issue by trying some stuff starting with eg GPU driver, monitor cable, different monitor cable type, single monitor, reboot, Windows update, seeing if its fine outside of Windows, etc.

--dashdotdot, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Palcouk Win User

2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

Both monitor inputs are connected to the PC/vid card outputs?

If you swap them does the same monitor fail?

Palcouk, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

1. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff - Similar Threads - monitors showing exact

2. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  3. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  4. My Microsoft account management shows 2 of the exact same devices,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Microsoft account management shows 2 of the exact same devices,: My all in one has been acting weird. I mean by weird is I seem to not have owner /administrators rights on my own pc. I disabled a couple of devices that kept popping up and restarted to enter the bios. I immediately noticed that the service tag number was missing I have a...
  5. Who to have the same exact task bars on both monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Who to have the same exact task bars on both monitors.: So I have two monitors hooked up to my computer and I want the task bar the to be the same. Right now on the second monitor it doesn't show mail, sound settings, connection settings, and the type to search bar is collapsed. It there any way to make them the exact same. The...
  6. Windows 10 - External monitors disconnection. Flickers 2 times at the same exact time everyday

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - External monitors disconnection. Flickers 2 times at the same exact time everyday: Hello everyone This could be related to the docking station driver maybe but, every day 11:27 am CT my computer (docked and with 2 external monitors) lose connection, looks like displays, network and everything gets disconnected, not sure if is like a system check, but I...
  7. Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors: Hi guys I have 2 monitors here (Dell U2719D) Windows 10 shows the resolutions for these as different. Monitor 1 has the correct resolution at 2560 x 1440 and Monitor 2 has the incorrect resolution at 2048 x 1080 . I am unable to change the resolution of Monitor 2 in the...
  8. Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution: I had a Dell UP3017 monitor connected via dock to my laptop. The resolution (recommended) is 2560x1600 at 59Hz. This setup worked flawlessly. I then connected a second Dell UP3017 and the 'Display Settings' will not allow me to set the new display to the same resolution....
  9. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480: Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my problem. #1 I used to use 1 monitor then one day i decided why not just hook up a TV for a dual monitor setup but when i did...
  10. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480: Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my problem. #1 I used to use 1 monitor then one day i decided why not just hook up a TV for a dual monitor setup but when i did...