Windows 10: 2 monitors

Discus and support 2 monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use two monitors and I like it. But Windows starts programs on the last used monitor and it is annoying. I want the programs to open up on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jhay Xox, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Jhay Xox Win User

2 monitors

I use two monitors and I like it. But Windows starts programs on the last used monitor and it is annoying. I want the programs to open up on my main monitor, not on the second monitor. How can I adjust the settings?

:)

Jhay Xox, Nov 24, 2018

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 24, 2018
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

2 monitors

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

2 monitors

1. 2 monitors - Similar Threads - monitors

2. connecting dual monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting dual monitors to laptop: Hello, i have been doing a lot of research trying to find an answer on how to connect more monitors to a laptop with only one hdmi port. i was hoping to just grab a usb3 to hdmi and connect the second external monitor that way but it doesnt seem to be picking up any signal....
  3. Scaling issue between monitors ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling issue between monitors ?: How can I fix scaling issues between monitors of two different resolutions ? I've tried for example going into a programs properties, specifically the compatibility tab and changing the DPI settings which only has two options, but that doesn't fix the problem I'm having....
  4. Two monitors settings question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two monitors settings question: I would like to ask here: I added a television through HDMI port to my graphic card, then set both tv and my monitor to duplicate screens, BUT now the TV is considered by windows as diplay 1 and my monitor as display 2*. This means that if I start PC, I see on my monitor just...
  5. Program windows move to primary monitor upon wake or startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program windows move to primary monitor upon wake or startup: As stated in the subject line, I have a dual monitor setup, primary is plugged in via a displayport cable, and the secondary is connected via hdmi to my GPU which is a evga 1080ti ftw3 with the latest driversnot sure if thats relevant. I use my secondary monitor to display a...
  6. monitor dimming after 7 seconds - power options checked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor dimming after 7 seconds - power options checked.: I have a LENOVO ThinkCenter with a LG FLATRON L192ws monitor. I have set the monitor to 10 min. , it still is dimming after 7 sec. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-dimming-after-7-seconds-power-options/f3800f9f-6e5b-403c-835a-aec148c2b612
  7. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  8. Is the stuttering on multiple monitors with different refresh rates fixed?

Is the stuttering on multiple monitors with different refresh rates fixed?: Hi so i am still running Windows 7 which has to stay my main OS until this issue example 1 / example 2 is fixed. Unfortunately i have to run Windows 10 for my VR setup so i will have to install it. Do i have to install it as dual-boot or is this issue finally fixed :/ ?...
  9. Screen Size after add new monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Size after add new monitor: I got myself a second monitor and now have 3 screens. I only want to work with the two monitors and not use the laptop screen. After putting it in and setting it up so that my laptop and the primary screen showed the same and the third monitor was my second screen make...
  10. Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode

Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode: I have one primary 1440p monitor connected via Displayport and two side 1080p monitors connected via HDMI. When the monitors wake up from power-saving mode, all windows that were on the primary monitor are moved to the one on the right. I tried software called Persistent...