Windows 10: 2 monitors

Discus and support 2 monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Why does anyone need 2 monitors in Windows 10? Can't you split the screen? 49590 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lostsoul65, May 7, 2016.

1. 2 monitors

Why does anyone need 2 monitors in Windows 10? Can't you split the screen?

:)

lostsoul65, May 7, 2016

2. 2 monitors

Just a heads up to the community. I plugged in a second monitor to my new Assus laptop and everything worked great except for one thing. Applies to Windows 10 (no problem with other versions)

I couldn't fully open my Windows File Explorer folder. It stayed in a minimize state which is totally unreadable. As soon as I unplugged the monitor I was then able to maximize File Explorer.

I hope Microsoft fixes this soon.

DennisBunt, May 7, 2016
  3. Westi651 Win User
    2 monitors

cool???

Why did this warrant a thread?

Westi651, May 7, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

2 monitors

Hello lostsoul65, *Smile

Two displays make it easier to multitask in Windows. You can extend the displays to be able to have multiple windows opened spread across the 2 displays how you like.

I use 3 monitors.

2 monitors [​IMG]

Brink, May 7, 2016
  5. cproatx Win User
    The real question is..how can anyone function properly with a single monitor? Once you use a dual monitor setup it's almost impossible to go back to one. I use two at work and at home. One screen is just not enough for multi-tasking. It's really handy for gaming as well. Play game on one monitor and seamlessly use other monitor for browsing the internet, interacting with Teamspeak or other programs without having to alt-tab away from the game.

cproatx, May 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    When my family is watching a movie on the large TV (second monitor) and I want to work or play on my monitor (the primary monitor), split screen just isn't going to work.

NavyLCDR, May 7, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    I use 3 monitors too. When working with graphics, desktop publishing and other multitasking programs main screen shows work in progress while another with higher scaling contains text, picture and what not editors, contents and results are easily dragged to where they belong. When secondary is not in use it doubles as TV.
    Third monitor has split screen and contains picture from security camera and HW monitoring program. I'm considering adding 4th smaller one for HW monitoring programs but would have to change or ad another GPU for that.

CountMike, May 7, 2016
  8. 2 monitors

When you have more than one monitor, it is usually used as an extended screen. When it is an extended screen, you can put a window on one monitor, and a window on the other. This can help a lot when following tutorials. You can read the tutorial and apply it at the same time.

AbAppletic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 monitors

1. 2 monitors - Similar Threads - monitors

2. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  3. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After Windows update monitor stops registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  6. After Windows update monitor stops registering

After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  7. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  8. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  9. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...