Windows 10: 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

Discus and support 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, who has an Asus all in one PC running Windows 10, and a few weeks ago has started having two mouse arrows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BJC1992, Jun 14, 2020.

1. BJC1992 Win User

2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, who has an Asus all in one PC running Windows 10, and a few weeks ago has started having two mouse arrows on screen, one is fixed at the bottom of the screen on the taskbar, right in the middle, in a sort of bubble, nothing I do can make it move or disappear. The other mouse arrow that's actually being controlled by the mouse is constantly flickering when its moved, which makes it very hard to click on anything as you can hardly see where the arrow is, if its hovering over anything like a link both arrows will change to a cursor, the same if the computer is busy and you get the blue circle, both arrows will change to that. Also the touchscreen doesn't work, not sure if the two problems are linked, I tried to calibrate the touchscreen but wouldn't respond to me touching the screen at all. At first I thought something might be slowing the PC down but can't see anything obvious in Task Manager. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

BJC1992, Jun 14, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor Flickering on Windows 10

This is a really annoying problem.

Two things seem to be happening. First is the mouse cursor is flickering. It's as if it's having an anxiety attack. The flicker can also interfere when trying to click on icons, although most of the clicking feature seem to work okay most of the time.

The second thing I noticed is that down at the bottom of the screen is a big circle that has an arrow in it. This arrow flickers in rhythm with the cursor.

I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet, including those from this forum. I've deleted device drivers for both the mouse and video card and the intel driver, changed screen resolution, tried changing mouse settings, tried changing the settings
    of my video drivers, I tried changing the performance settings, I changed the boot up settings in my Bios. I tried starting up without my usual start up programs. Nothing stopped the flickering.

I use a USB mouse, so I tried different USB ports. I also tried a wireless mouse. The flicker did not stop in either case. I think it's a problem with the Windows update. I had this problem some months back, but it stopped. Then I updated a few days ago
    and the mouse flickering started up again.

I did notice that while in my Bios the cursor did not flicker. While in Windows 10, as I am now the mouse cursor does flicker.

Help.

2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers! 235fe351-f9f2-4393-bf43-c35d7e07f2ad?upload=true.jpg

jimclay75051, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Flickering mouse cursor in Windows 10 ASUS

I recently updated my ASUS x550l laptop to windows 10..a week after the update. I got this flickering mouse cursor problem. On most help searches..I found out that HP had a fix on it by turning off the "simple pass app"..but ASUS dont have "simple pass
    app" on it..& I cant find help threads regarding this cursor flickering problem on how to fix them..specially for us ASUS users.Please help..it really is annoying.

ReljoneBeta, Jun 14, 2020
  4. 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

How to fix ghost circles/2 mouse cursors?

How to fix ghost circles/2 mouse cursors?

HP Pavilion Laptop, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

1. 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers! - Similar Threads - mouse cursors fixed

2. Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11: the mouse cursor is flickering continuously and window screen is maximized and minimized continuously , i solved it so many by seeing videos from you tube but again it is flickering like that only . what i have to do to resolve this issue and provide a procedure to resolve...
  3. Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11: the mouse cursor is flickering continuously and window screen is maximized and minimized continuously , i solved it so many by seeing videos from you tube but again it is flickering like that only . what i have to do to resolve this issue and provide a procedure to resolve...
  4. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  5. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  6. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 2 mouse cursors on screen, one is stuck other flickers when moved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 mouse cursors on screen, one is stuck other flickers when moved.: Hi, new to this sub reddit but Basically the title, girlfriends laptop suddenly decided to have one fixed mouse at the bottom right of the screen and one that flickers when she moves it around, it's a wireless mouse she has hooked up to it, and suddenly this has happened...
  8. 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor: I have been using a Gigabyte RX580 as a crutch until my Gigabyte 2080ti is repaired. Now it's back and I'm trying to use both. I'd call it a success, the main screen is using the 2080ti while the other 2 are running off the RX580. The only issue I've noticed so far is the...
  9. How to fix ghost circles/2 mouse cursors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix ghost circles/2 mouse cursors?: How to fix ghost circles/2 mouse cursors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-ghost-circles2-mouse-cursors/65a010e3-6e20-4176-95f2-03999886fde6
  10. Flickering Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...