Windows 10: 2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?

Discus and support 2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So I had a Surface pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro and never had any of these problems, but I just got a Surface Pro (5th gen) running Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by realtordcnova, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?

Hi,

So I had a Surface pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro and never had any of these problems, but I just got a Surface Pro (5th gen) running Windows 10 Pro and I'm having two network problems out of the box, and I'm wondering if it could be due to default firewall settings?

Problem 1:

I make a call through Gmail (Google Voice) and it dials out and I can hear them and apparently they can hear me for about 3 seconds and then as if something mutes my mic they can no longer hear me. Has happened multiple times over a few days (only have had the PC about 3 days). I think it happened every time I've made a call.

Problem 2:

Can't find my wireless printer on the network (EPSON WF-2630) . I have a Mac mini that can find it and print, my old Surface Pro 4 could find it and print. My new surface pro can't find it at all..

I'm guessing maybe this is some sort of firewall settings to explore? It says I have windows defender firewall on for domain network, private network, and public network. I am only using my fios wifi at the moment.

Any ideas?

:)

realtordcnova, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows Firewall Problems

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Perform Virus Scan in Safe Mode with Networking:

Note: Some of viruses are unable to detect in Normal mode. So I suggest you to perform “Virus can in Safe mode with Networking” and then check.

Step 1:

Start the computer in “Safe mode with networking mode”,
    to start the computer with minimal set of drivers and files and also includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network. You may follow the article below and
    check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Perform Virus Scan:

Disclaimer for Virus scan: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

• The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    again.

2. Restart the computer to see whether the problem goes away.

Method 2: Disable or uninstall Third party Windows Firewall program and then check.

Disclaimer to disable Firewall: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and
    your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

Note: Once you performed the steps, make sure you ‘Turn on the Firewall’ and
    re-enable the antivirus to avoid the risk of virus infection.

Method 3:

I also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the updates and check if it helps. You may follow the step below.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press
    enter to open programs and features.

3. On the left pane, click "view installed updates".

4. Here, the update that you have installed will be located.'

5. To uninstall, right click on it and select "uninstall".

6. Once it is uninstalled, proceed with the installation.

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and the questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

Hope it helps.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 14, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?

1. 2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall? - Similar Threads - network problems firewall

2. network firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  3. windows 10 firewall problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 firewall problem: I tried to setup remote desktop for outside network and ftp sever for outside network in one windows 10 1909 computer. 1. I setup one inbound rule in windows 10 firewall, enable port 3389 for public, private, domain. In "scope" - allow all local computers and only my home IP...
  4. Network problem in Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network problem in Windows 10 pc: I have a pc wich i built in 2012. It has worked fine over the Years. Suddenly this morning i noticed it was offline ( cable bound to internet). First thing i did was to restart the router. It did nothing, i checked the Wi-Fi on my cell and it worked fine. So i came to the...
  5. Problems with W 10 on connecting to a private home network.

Problems with W 10 on connecting to a private home network.: Hi; W 10 is being very problematic in connecting to a home network and with other computers on the network. I have always had a Homegroup defined with a W 7 and a W 8.1 connected up. Always very consistent and reliable. Now having been forced to W 10 with a new computer, I...
  6. Windows 10, new version of 1903, Firewall and Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, new version of 1903, Firewall and Network: Here are some lists that the Windows 10 versions of 1903 cause my system some problems ! - The Night Light won't follow my command to turn on as scheduled after the restart and Shut Down. (I think something had to do with time or something else). Problem solved for only...
  7. network/ firewall

network/ firewall: I need to configure the local windows firewall on windows 10 computer. which network category needs to have the most stringent rules set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/283f775a-eac6-4586-9e96-2aacc599e7f2
  8. 2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?

2 network problems w/ new Windows 10 PC.. firewall?: Hi, So I had a Surface pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro and never had any of these problems, but I just got a Surface Pro (5th gen) running Windows 10 Pro and I'm having two network problems out of the box, and I'm wondering if it could be due to default firewall settings?...
  9. firewall & network protection problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall & network protection problem: Hello On firewall & network protection panel the advanced settings link does not respond and I can not restore firewalls to default because the respective link is unresponsive also. Thank you...
  10. 2 problems on new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    2 problems on new PC: Hi everyone just got my new PC with Windows 10 and I have 2 problems. Firstly any item I click on is not highlighted with a color and it hard to tell what is selected. Secondly whenever I restart my PC after logging in there is a black screen that appears after a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 two networks firewall