Windows 10: 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

Discus and support 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2First, it worked perfectly before...I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephan Ertel, Jun 16, 2021.

1. 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2First, it worked perfectly before...I have 3 NVMe, and a couple of S-ATA SSDs and HDDs... A real bunch of disks, just to know..My Mainboard is an ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming X, X370 Chipset most recent Bios P6.00A couple of months ago, i bought my 3rd NVMe, one is Full Speed on Board, 2nd onboard - as expected from x2 PCIe2.0 - and a 3rd one was mounted on a PCIe X4 simple adapter for 16 bucks and works great in the second x16 slot.... But to have maximum possible numbers just on screen

:)

Stephan Ertel, Jun 16, 2021
  2. slance310 Win User

PCIe adapter to NVMe SSD

Hi,

First off, you need to determine if your BIOS supports booting from a PCIe NVMe M.2 drive..

I have a 2012 era Asrock motherboard in which the Bios provided by Asrock did not support booting from the NVMe, although it could be used for DATA.. I eventually found a website catering to the editing of BIOS files and was able to add modifications to
    the Bios to make this work.. It works well..

Windows 7 will need drivers for the PCIe NVMe, Windows 10 has them built-in...

New drivers will not solve a Bios issue that does not support your device.. You will need an actual Bios that is capable of recognizing it as a boot device.. Your Bios may support it now, but it may not.. It depends upon what type of updates Dell has made
    available..

slance310, Jun 16, 2021
  3. NVME SSD

I have the nvme drive in the m.2 1 slot that can run either PCIe or SATA. there is no setting in the bios to set slot m.2 1 to either PCIe or SATA that I can find.

AdrianLucke72, Jun 16, 2021
  4. DavidK_1 Win User

2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

PCIe adapter to NVMe SSD

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 desktop circa 2012 running Windows 7. Would like to upgrade to Windows 10 and boot from a new PCIe adapter for NVMe SSD. I understand that I may have to install new NVWe drivers to have BIOS recognize PCIe as a boot drive option.
    Am on I the right track? Is this even possible? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

DavidK_1, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

1. 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS... - Similar Threads - NVMe PCIe are

2. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  3. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  4. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update: As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE. The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives one being another NVME show up...
  5. WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install: Just installed an m.2 NVME 1tb to add to my arsenal of drives, however suddenly my computer fails to recognize the HDD that was working right before the install It's not recognized in the BIOS either. I tried changing sata cables/ports... nothing. Its being powered...
  6. M.2 NVME pcie gen 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 NVME pcie gen 4: Does anybody know if Samsung is releasing a Gen 4 PCIe NVME SSD? I'm just wondering. 157061
  7. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...
  8. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...
  9. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i got windows 10 installed on the SSD but the SSD does not show up in bios so i can boot from it. When i plug my old SSD in and...
  10. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?: I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card. The issue is what hardware to use to clone the old drive to the new one. My mobo has one M.2 slot for SSD's so I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2...