Windows 10: 2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...

Discus and support 2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a dell docking station, three dell moniters and a dell laptop.It was literally working fine All thre moniters would work with the lid closed for 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User4547373, Jul 8, 2021.

1. 2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...

Have a dell docking station, three dell moniters and a dell laptop.It was literally working fine All thre moniters would work with the lid closed for 2 weeks but all the sudden one day I plug in with the laptop lid closed and only one of the three moniters will work unless I open the laptop lid and keep it open. Also the desktop backgroundl no longer extends across all moniters due to this.The power setting for what happens when the lid is closed is set to DO NOTHING and has always been. I am not sure why it changed all of the sudden.Any ideas on how to fix?

:)

User4547373, Jul 8, 2021
  2. XnYYP Win User

Closing the lid; do nothing

I'm trying to keep my laptop screen from turning off when I close the lid. I changed the settings in the Power Options under "When I close the lid, Plugged in" from sleep to Do Nothing (my laptop is always plugged in).

However, despite this, the screen still blacks out when I close the lid. What should I do with it?

XnYYP, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Lid Close Options

My Windows 10 is fully updated but the last update no longer shows a category for "lid closed" options. Have these moved? I want the computer to do nothing when plugged in and the lid is closed.

CharlesGaynor, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

Bree, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...

1. 2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do... - Similar Threads - Moniters Turn Off

2. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  3. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  4. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  5. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  6. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. turn off laptop sleep when closing lid

turn off laptop sleep when closing lid: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 I want to use with a docking station with 2 monitors. How do I get the laptop to stop going into sleep mode when I close the lid....
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...