Windows 10: 2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly

Discus and support 2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone So long story short: A while back i noticed after i started up my pc that 2 drives out of 4 were missing still visible in disk management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaphaelDA, Dec 18, 2020.

1. RaphaelDA Win User

2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly

Hi everyone

So long story short:

A while back i noticed after i started up my pc that 2 drives out of 4 were missing still visible in disk management but they were allocated i than restarted my pc and they came back with all the partions on them 1 on each drive and all the data. I than tried updating windows, scanning for viruses, replacing sata cables, checking for driver updates, updated bios, using chkdsk commands. Nothing worked the drives kept still disappearing. So than i bought a new ssd and hdd and cloned the data from the old one to the new ones with acronis true image 2020. After that the drives worked fine for like a week and now i got the same problem again i had with the old ones.

I can always get the drives back to fully normal and the paritions on them with all the files when i use the mini tool parition wizard free. Where you can use the option rebuild mbr than scan the missing disk and setting the correct drive letter.

I already checked the drives with crystal disk and everything was fine.

I also tried to repair windows with the media creation tool in hope that some windows updated bugged out something like the sata controller or so but that didn t help either.

So until now i am bound to using the mini tool partition wizard to get my drives back to working normal.

Here is also my system info:

Custom PC:

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x

Gpu: Gigabyte g1 gaming 1070 8GB

Ram: 4x8GB DDR4 32GB Corsair Vengeance

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite

SSD's: 500gb samsung evo 860 new drive randomly disappears and a Crucial CT1000MX 1tb not new has windows 10 installed on working just fine
    HHD's : Western Digital Blue 1Tb WDC WD10 EZEX-00WN4A0 new drive randomly disappears and a Seagatte Barracuda 2Tb ST2000DM 008-2FR102 not new works just fine has games and some programms installed on

i ran chkdsk D: /f on both drives which keep disappearing

on the samung evo it found those 2 unknown failures :

696e647863686b2e 552

6e74667363686b2e 17ff

on the western digital blue it found those 2 unknown failures:

696e647863686b2e 532

6e74667363686b2e 17ff

I really hope that someone could help me here if there is any info you need just ask and i will post it.
    I am grateful for every helping answer and the time each one of you would spend to help threw this tremendous problem.

:)

RaphaelDA, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

drive randomly reappears and disappears

I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but
    it soon crashed and the drive disappeared again.

Tenforo, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc).

2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly [​IMG]

The icons, though invisible are still working if I move my cursor over them and click them. Restarting explorer.exe fixed the problem temporarily.

Tenforo, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member
    Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly [​IMG]

Tenforo, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly

1. 2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly - Similar Threads - drives disappear randomly

2. *SOLVED* D: Drive disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *SOLVED* D: Drive disappeared randomly: D: Drive disappeared randomly from Disk/Device management but shows up in bios cant see it in file explorer either anyone care to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-d-drive-disappeared-randomly/59882986-b162-4693-adcb-83494b41f0d9
  3. *SOLVED* D: Drive disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *SOLVED* D: Drive disappeared randomly: D: Drive disappeared randomly from Disk/Device management but shows up in bios cant see it in file explorer either anyone care to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-d-drive-disappeared-randomly/59882986-b162-4693-adcb-83494b41f0d9
  4. D: Drive disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: Drive disappeared randomly: D: Drive disappeared randomly from Disk/Device management but shows up in bios cant see it in file explorer either anyone care to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared-randomly/59882986-b162-4693-adcb-83494b41f0d9
  5. D: Drive disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D: Drive disappeared randomly: D: Drive disappeared randomly from Disk/Device management but shows up in bios cant see it in file explorer either anyone care to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared-randomly/59882986-b162-4693-adcb-83494b41f0d9
  6. Keep Getting Random Bluescreen Every 2-4 Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep Getting Random Bluescreen Every 2-4 Hours: i keep getting Bluescreen sometime even when computer just start up.i already do windows update, reinstall windows, buy a new motherboard, buy a new ram, use my other ssd, and it keep getting bluescreen. there is two thing in my build i didn't replace yet CPU and CASE did a...
  7. 2 data drives disappeared after restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 data drives disappeared after restore: I decided after many years I’d finally reset my laptop to factor settings and so after removing all that was needed I did the restore option that completely wiped all drives. After a long wait it restarted and did the windows 10 setup, but now I only have my OS drive and D...
  8. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  9. Arrow keys randomly type 2, 4, 6, or 8.

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrow keys randomly type 2, 4, 6, or 8.: Hi everyone, First time poster! Does anyone know how to stop Windows 10 from randomly typing a 2, 4, 6 or 8 when using the arrow keys? Thank you, TO 138117
  10. 4/2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4/2 update: all my saved files are NOW missing how do I retreive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/42-update/da2c239b-e159-43b2-b427-532920c9f613"