Windows 10: 2 old keys

Discus and support 2 old keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi These 2 keys were used in very old Windows 10 version, anyone know if these are still used in build 1903? ;Location Device Off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kishvand, May 31, 2019.

1. Kishvand Win User

2 old keys

Hi
    These 2 keys were used in very old Windows 10 version, anyone know if these are still used in build 1903?

;Location Device Off
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\Service\Configuration]
    "Status"=dword:00000000

;Settings / Privacy / Other Devices
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global\LooselyCoupled]
    "Value"="Deny"

Thanks for help *chuckle

:)

Kishvand, May 31, 2019

2. Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, May 31, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 31, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

2 old keys

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, May 31, 2019
Thema:

2 old keys

1. 2 old keys - Similar Threads - old keys

2. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  3. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  4. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  6. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  7. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

8. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  9. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  10. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade