Windows 10: 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

Discus and support 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zasxdecfrvgtbhynju, Jan 18, 2021.

1. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone name} Stereo" and "Headset {headphone name} Hands-free AG Audio". The default is the Headphone output, but to use the microphone, I need to use the Headset, which has a audio filter on the output which sounds terrible. There is no way to Is there a way to move the audio to the Headphone. Is there a way to remove the Headset Audio device?

:)

zasxdecfrvgtbhynju, Jan 18, 2021
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Jan 18, 2021
  3. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

Hello @quest,

Welcome to TenForums!

See if one of these works . . .

Change Default Audio Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [2] Goto System --> Sound.
    [3] Under Sound, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select the required output device from the drop down list.
    [5] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Enable or Disable Microphone

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Input, click the Choose your input device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select your microphone from the drop down list.
    [6] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [7] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [8] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Also check that you have access set to On in Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10

Make sure that the Headphones are set as Enabled

[1] Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area.
    [2] Click Sound Settings.
    [3] Click Manage sound devices.
    [4] Check if the headphones are under the Disabled list.
    [5] If they are, select them.
    [6] Click Enable.
    [6] Try the headphones again.

Enable or Disable Sound Output Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Output, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [5] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [6] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Jan 18, 2021
  4. ZoofyZoof Win User

2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

1. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected - Similar Threads - outputs headphone microphone

2. Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected: hello! i have recently seen a lot of problems regarding headset mics not working, so in this discussion, I will cover Bluetooth headphones and what worked for me first of all, check in settings, system, mic, and please make sure that your mic is turned on and apps are...
  3. Microphone detected as Headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected as Headphones problem: Hello everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm having problems on my laptop. I have a hp spectre x360 and now that I moved city bc of uni I brough my headphones/microphone with me from my main pc. Since this laptop is an ultrabook it only has a...
  4. Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected: So I plugged my headphones into my PC through the headphone jack and it detects that the microphone on the headphones works. I've recorded audio with it and it works as intended. However, when I go into the settings menu and see my input and output devices for sound, the...
  5. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  6. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected: New PC built: - Windows 10 version 2004 - Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 2600 - Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Monitor: Samsung UE590 Problem: My PC only detects my monitor as an audio device. It doesn't show my headset or microphone as and audio device...
  7. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  8. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  9. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  10. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...