Windows 10: 2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?

Discus and support 2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've begun using snap in Windows 10 and like it for most purposes, but I very often use a spreadsheet in one window next to a browser window (typically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anoukaimee, Sep 9, 2016.

1. 2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?

I've begun using snap in Windows 10 and like it for most purposes, but I very often use a spreadsheet in one window next to a browser window (typically Sheets w/in Chrome, but also stand-alone LibreCalc, with Chrome). (I am often gathering data on different products between stores, etc.)

Since hitting "TAB" in a spreadsheet just takes you to the next cell, I can't readily move to the browser window and back. I have to manually mouse back over.

This might not seem like a big deal for some people, but if you have to do it 1k times a day it is a headache. I've just neglected to ask about it to this point, but thought I would (searched for something on point in many spots and found nothing).

Additionally, is there any way to make the scroll bars wider or otherwise easier to mouse up/down? If I do have to do this by mouse (and even if I don't: need to go up and down w/in each window), that would make this much, much easier. Alternatively, is there other SW (free) that would do the same thing? I know of AquaSnap, but it had more features than I needed, and it didn't remedy the problem of tabbing back and forth between windows when working with a spreadsheet.

I'm using Windows 10 Home x64, Chrome Canary (although I've tried it on other versions of Chrome--and I think FF--w/ the same problem).

Thank you!

:)

anoukaimee, Sep 9, 2016

2. Apps Running in Background

I know I have 30 app running, there has to be a program to easily shut off the programs not needed w/o going back & forth. Similar to the battery sense, but you don't have to keep jumping back and forth.

Corey Ray Bryant, Sep 9, 2016
  3. jorly5002 Win User
    Can window borders be widened for resizing arrows?

I've used Win7 for years, and now on my Win10 PC only, it's very hard to catch the window borders for resizing, which I do a lot. Is there any setting to widen the borders so I can catch them w/o having to go back and forth repeatedly? This is very,
    very annoying.

jorly5002, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?

Use Alt-Tab to switch between the two panels. This brings up thumbnails of your open windows and highlights the one you will switch to when you release the keys. In fact, if you have many windows open at once hold down Alt then Tab as many times as you need to select the one you want to switch to.

Alternatively, Ctrl-Alt-Tab bring up the same thumbnails, but they remain on-screen when you release the keys. Then use Tab or the arrow keys to select the one you want, Enter to switch to it.

Bree, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    If you have a mouse wheel doesn't that scroll for you?

Bree, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Great! That's going to take some time to get used to, but it works *Smile. Appreciate it.

anoukaimee, Sep 9, 2016
  7. Umm. Good point! I have been dragging and scrolling for so long (is that what you had to do in the ancient days? is that why I'm doing it? argh!), that's going to take some getting used to, too, but it works, and once I've done it for a few months, should be fine. Just some discipline getting used to it.

Appreciate it, Bree!

anoukaimee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?

1. 2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab? - Similar Threads - panel snap spreadsheet

2. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  3. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  4. No Go Back Button On New Laptop That Downloaded Win 11 w/o Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Go Back Button On New Laptop That Downloaded Win 11 w/o Notification: I specifically purchased a new HP laptop that was supposed to have Windows 10 installed. I started the setup process and when it was done, I had Win 11, not 10, on the screen. There wasn't any prompt asking me if I wanted to install Win 11. I contacted HP tech support and...
  5. No Go Back Button On New Laptop That Downloaded Win 11 w/o Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Go Back Button On New Laptop That Downloaded Win 11 w/o Notification: I specifically purchased a new HP laptop that was supposed to have Windows 10 installed. I started the setup process and when it was done, I had Win 11, not 10, on the screen. There wasn't any prompt asking me if I wanted to install Win 11. I contacted HP tech support and...
  6. Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?: Photoshop keeps generating undeletable debug.log's (only solution is rebooting which is not ideal) and many of the programs recommended do not seem to work on the latest Win10 build. Surely there's a way to do this natively? submitted by /u/Cinderbike [link] [comments]...
  7. Get Windows 10 back w/o key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Windows 10 back w/o key?: Hi! I have a laptop that came with a Win10 license. Recently I have been trying different Linux distributions but I didn't like any of them and would like now to go back to Windows. Can I do it without a key? The Windows Sticker on the bottom doesn't have the key like they...
  8. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  9. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517