Windows 10: 2 part question regarding 2004 and search

Discus and support 2 part question regarding 2004 and search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know MS broke the search feature in Windows Explorer, but I upgraded anyway, thought I could live with it. Now when I search I get this 'banner':... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Nov 29, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

2 part question regarding 2004 and search

I know MS broke the search feature in Windows Explorer, but I upgraded anyway, thought I could live with it.

Now when I search I get this 'banner':

2 part question regarding 2004 and search [​IMG]

When I Click to turn on the index..., I get this:

Click this and I get this:

Click Turn on index and nothing happens.

Next time I search it starts all over again, am I doing something wrong?

Second part of this question, does the WE search function improve with Version 20H2?

:)

rboppy, Nov 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 search question

Hi Steve,

Typing in the search box will provide suggestions and answers to your questions, and search results from your PC and the web. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    • Have you tried searching different files and check if the issue persists?
    • Did you try to check if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    We also recommend that you follow these steps to run the
    Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to resolve issues with searching files in Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 29, 2020
  4. 2 part question regarding 2004 and search

search windows box next to start only allows 2 or 3 characters to be typed

Hi,

To isolate your concern regarding search box, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any results even you can only type 2-3 characters?
    • Is the Search suggestions working?
    • What happen when you exceeded 3 characters?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

2 part question regarding 2004 and search

1. 2 part question regarding 2004 and search - Similar Threads - part question regarding

2. 2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown: I have had random BSD since building my new system - I narrowed it down to volmgr problem, removed my second m.2 drive and they stopped. Why?them when playing DCS in VR the system just shut down and would not boot up until I turned the PSU off and on. Can someone explain...
  3. 2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown: I have had random BSD since building my new system - I narrowed it down to volmgr problem, removed my second m.2 drive and they stopped. Why?them when playing DCS in VR the system just shut down and would not boot up until I turned the PSU off and on. Can someone explain...
  4. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  5. I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?: Hello, my family member just had problem with youtube play button so he assumed he just had to update the windows and ended up start downloading/installing to version 2004; I resolved the youtube issue by clearing cache/cookies but he started the update process anyway. I...
  6. Type Search Here part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Type Search Here part 2: I used troubleshooter yesterday to fix my windows 10 search and index I can't type in the search box. The troubleshoot didn't not work though it detected a problem "Windows search not working" I installed on this update on 12 Aug [ATTACH] The search tool has been a...
  7. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer: When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015 Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search...
  8. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...
  9. Windows 10 clean install question (part 2)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install question (part 2): Hi folks, A few weeks ago I asked whether now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 whether I could perform a clean install after the July 29 deadline and was answered in the affirmative. Foolishly though, I forgot to ask, how? Can I clean install via Windows Store or can...
  10. 2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button: I've two questions concerning the Start Button; 1) I have Word as an icon on the Taskbar but no way can I find it in the Start Button 2) After bringing the machine out of Sleep or Hibernate, the Start Button is still up & showing. Is there a way to have that not showing...