Windows 10: 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

Discus and support 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external Hard Drive 500GB, it was formatted into 2 partitions. I have done backup of the contents, then I thought I need to format it to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kimet, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Kimet Win User

2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

I have an external Hard Drive 500GB, it was formatted into 2 partitions. I have done backup of the contents, then I thought I need to format it to a one hard disk. I did delete the 2 partitions in "computer management". Later this hard drive did not show on "This PC" and can not do any thing for it in "computer management".

All I need is now to format this hard drive into 1 but not 2 partitions.

Thank you.

:)

Kimet, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Dia01 Win User

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Aug 11, 2019
  3. XandiShaw Win User
    remove external hard drive partitions

when I right click the partitions, 'help' pops up . I want to remove all the existing partitions and reformat an external hard drive, to use for storage

XandiShaw, Aug 11, 2019
  4. 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

Formatting External hard drive.

1. Launch the Disk Manager with diskmgmt.msc
    2. Use right-clicks to delete all partitions on the external disk
    3. Create one or several new partitions
    4. Format them

Frederik Long, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

1. 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat. - Similar Threads - partitions external hard

2. reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows: I have a Sonnics external hard drive that I wish to reformat, but it isn't showing up in File Explorer. It shows up in file explorer, I have tried the steps of deleting the drivers and rebooting, but it doesn't work.Is there a way i can reformat the drive without it appearing...
  3. reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows: I have a Sonnics external hard drive that I wish to reformat, but it isn't showing up in File Explorer. It shows up in file explorer, I have tried the steps of deleting the drivers and rebooting, but it doesn't work.Is there a way i can reformat the drive without it appearing...
  4. Reformatting A Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reformatting A Hard Drive: I have an issue with a hard driveIt needs do be reformatted buy its on read only but but I cant set it to read only thehard drive was used so i tried to change the setting of security. It greyed out...
  5. Removing partitions on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing partitions on External Hard Drive: I want to use the HDD from my old laptop as External drive. After formatting former “C:” partition and “Recovery” partitions separately, in the Disk Management I see: Disk 1 Basic 931.50GB Online 260MB Healthy EFI System Partition New Volume E: 919.48 GB NTFS...
  6. Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10

Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10: I'm being told to reformat my external hard drive to be compatible with windows 10....how do I do it without losing my files on the external hard drive...
  7. Removing partitions on external hard drives?

Removing partitions on external hard drives?: I have several laptop hard drives that I access on my desktop PC via a usb hub, I have managed to format them and they work perfectly. My problem is that 2 of these hard drives have 2 partitions which I have also formatted, but the partitions show up as separate drives in...
  8. Reformatting Hard Drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting Hard Drives.: I am in the process of backing up my entire PC to an external hard drive including a system image. After backing up I want to reformat my existing internal hard drive that contains the windows 10 operating system. My question is: Can I reinstall windows 10 after I have...
  9. How to put 2 partitions on an external hard drive.

How to put 2 partitions on an external hard drive.: My son would like to create a dual boot operating system. We understand (at least we think) that we need to create 2 partitions on a single drive and install one operating system on each. Hopefully that will give him a dual boot menu when he starts up ? Our problem so far...
  10. Need Hard Drive reformatting help

Need Hard Drive reformatting help: Hello everyone, I have got a external hard drive that was used for extra storage with a Dish DVR. We now want to format it for use on windows now. I been doing some research on it and everything so far I tried, didnt work. I have tried using Western Digitals Tool to do...