Windows 10: 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

Discus and support 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt R. M., May 15, 2024.

1. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update May 15th, 2024, and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my OneDrive. Now when I click on a folder from Quick access all my pinned Quick Access are were? local folders, instead of showing my usual local files, it only shows a single shortcut to OneDrive. How do I reverse this?I've looked at all the similar questions so far, and none of them have asked or answered my use case.I

:)

Matt R. M., May 15, 2024

2. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update (May 15, 2024) synced both PCs, disrupted filepaths within Desktop, Documents, Pictures folders on both PCs. How do I undo?

Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:

I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update (May 15th, 2024), and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my OneDrive. Now when I click on a folder from Quick access (all my pinned Quick Access are (were?) local folders), instead of showing my usual local files, it only shows a single shortcut to OneDrive. How do I reverse this?

I've looked at all the similar questions so far, and none of them have asked or answered my use case.

I have 2 desktop computers for personal streaming/content creation purposes, both using my one personal Microsoft account. I updated Windows today (May 15, 2024) on one computer, misunderstood what it would do -- I thought it was just confirming my Microsoft/OneDrive account that I use to share individual files from my "content creation" PC (games, Ableton/audio editing, and video editing) to my "stream" PC, as an example -- and I eventually found out that it activated OneDrive sync on both computers.

Now when I go to my Documents folder for example, either via Quick Access in File Explorer or by manually going to the folder from "This PC" or Quick Access-pinned folders that are/were located within Documents, instead of displaying the respective files I intended to see when I pinned them to Quick Access, it just shows a single shortcut file to the OneDrive folder. It seems to be messing with the file paths for various applications to find these files, too, though I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen even if I wanted to sync both PCs instead of just having access to my OneDrive folder on both PCs.

But on many levels, this syncing and subsequent re-arranging of my file structure is extremely disruptive and annoying, and I cannot find a way to restore my folders to where they were. I have tried unlinking both PCs from OneDrive, but this removes File Explorer's ability to see OneDrive at all. So then I tried re-linking OneDrive, and it attempted to restart the process that I'm trying to undo. I looked at restore points, but that would undo hours of changes to Ableton projects that occurred between the Windows update and the time of the restore point.

All of the info above is important for my issue and intent in asking, but to sum it up, how do I restore my folders to before syncing to OneDrive? I initially tried just copy and pasting the OneDrive Documents folder back to my content PC, but it ended up taking way more space on my boot drive, which is when I realized that updating my content PC and accidentally syncing OneDrive synced my stream PC as well.

Matt R. M., May 15, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, May 15, 2024
  4. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

OneDrive specific syncing issues with 2 PC's

Hello,

How to you segregate syncing? I have one MS account, but own two computers. I use them for very different tasks. I want to sync both to one drive for backup purposes only but don't want files from PC "A" to be shown or put on PC "B" or vice versa. One PC is Windows 10 PRO the other is a new Windows 11 PRO. I only store files on the desktop in case this matters.

PC "A" is used for CAD and has 15-20GB of data on the desktop in multiple folders. PC "B" is new and will be used for video editing. When I set up PC "B" (new Windows 11PRO) I set it up to my MS account. As soon as I was on the desktop all the files from PC "A" started to appear on the new desktop.

Deleting these files from PC "B" deleted ALL the same files from PC "A". I had to

• Backup all the files from PC "A"
    • Paused syncing on PC "A" for 24 hours and restored all the folders and files one by one to the desktop.
    • Delete all the files from PC "B"
    • Disabling OneDrive on PC "B"
    I hope that when the 24-hour pause is done, OneDrive will again sync PC "A" files like normal. I am afraid to turn on or use OneDrive on PC "B" because I have no confidence that the same thing won't happen again.

I want to use OneDrive on both PC's but need the files to be specific to what PC they belong on. If this possible?

Raymond Broderick, May 15, 2024
Thema:

2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

1. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,... - Similar Threads - personal PCs activating

2. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...: Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update May 15th, 2024, and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my...
  3. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...: Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update May 15th, 2024, and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my...
  4. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  5. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  6. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  8. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  9. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs that have many common folders and document files as well as some that are unique to each computer. I want to set up OneDrive to create one set of merged folders and files that will sync across the 2 PCs. i would obviously like to avoid duplicate files. And,...