Windows 10: 2 problems on new PC

Discus and support 2 problems on new PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone just got my new PC with Windows 10 and I have 2 problems. Firstly any item I click on is not highlighted with a color and it hard to tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RV2016, Feb 16, 2016.

1. RV2016 Win User

2 problems on new PC

Hi everyone just got my new PC with Windows 10 and I have 2 problems.
    Firstly any item I click on is not highlighted with a color and it hard to tell what is selected.
    Secondly whenever I restart my PC after logging in there is a black screen that appears after a few seconds and then disappears.
    It goes away but it's a bit worrying and I don't know what's causing it.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

:)

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016

2. 2 problems in wmp on new windows 10 desktop PC: unable to get rid of/move album art from 1st position & unable to start where i left off in the "play" section under playlist (right side panel)

sorry doesnt help-i have multiple lists & previous lists & it will only work if I havent shut wmp down.

anileya4994, Feb 16, 2016
  3. 2 problems in wmp on new windows 10 desktop PC: unable to get rid of/move album art from 1st position & unable to start where i left off in the "play" section under playlist (right side panel)

just purchased new desktop pc with windows 10 & trying to get my music in line. under "choose columns" album art is 1st & wont let me remove or relocate down the list.

when i choose my music for the day, I pick thru the songs in the & put them in the "play" list under the "PLAY BURN OR SYNC" tabs. even if i save the list by giving it a name or not, the arrows pointing left or right where you give your playlist a name (if
    you want) do not work. ie the left arrow allowing me to pick up where i left off. If this is the norm for windows 10, please inform me as to which version of wmp came with windows 7 so I can find it & use it as I have never had any issues with my old pc
    WMP.

thank you!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

anileya4994, Feb 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

2 problems on new PC

I would suggest to start by making sure all updates are installed.
    Brand new computer. I would assume a "catch up" is in order.

Which Win 10 edition ? Home or Pro?
    Which Win 10 version ? version 10240 or 10586 ?

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  5. RV2016 Win User
    All updates have been done.

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Which Win 10 edition ? Home or Pro?
    Which Win 10 version ? version 10240 or 10586 ?

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  7. RV2016 Win User
    Home edition, HP pavilion i7 with ssd

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

2 problems on new PC

Version ?
    10240 or 10586.

If you have 10240, it's time to update to 10586.
    How to tell ?
    In the search box next to the Start button, type winver > Enter.
    The box will tell you what you have.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  9. RV2016 Win User
    I don't have a search box next to start button

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  10. RV2016 Win User
    I have the new one right clicked on the Windows button.

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    2 problems on new PC [​IMG]

Yes. That's one way to get the search box.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  12. RV2016 Win User
    I meant I have the new version you were talking about, any other suggestions?

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

2 problems on new PC

Troubleshooting :
    Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do the repair if ant found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  14. RV2016 Win User
    Think I have fixed the black screen disabled pivot_startup and DT startup on start up of booting.
    Still can't see what item I am selecting.

RV2016, Feb 16, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    ..................Firstly any item I click on is not highlighted with a color and it hard to tell what is selected............

Enable the "check box" feature.
    In the search box, type folder options > click View tab at the top > scroll down near the end, check the box " Use check boxes to select items " OK when done.

Once you have done that, whenever you left click at an item, there will be a check mark at upper left corner of the item.

example ...................

2 problems on new PC [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
Thema:

2 problems on new PC

1. 2 problems on new PC - Similar Threads - problems

2. boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  3. boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  5. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  6. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  8. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  9. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

10. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2