Windows 10: 2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station

Discus and support 2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problem 1: When my computer sleeps after inactivity, the internet would disconnect when I turn the computer on. Problem 2: When I press the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Equation, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Equation Win User

2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station

Problem 1: When my computer sleeps after inactivity, the internet would disconnect when I turn the computer on.

Problem 2: When I press the power button on my docking station ( few secs to put in sleep mode ) sometimes the laptop would start fresh as if it were shut down and restarted.

Version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.535)

How can I fix?

:)

Equation, Dec 24, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Dec 24, 2019
  3. docking station problems

The docking station and laptop are not the same brand. The docking station is an IOgear Ulta Slim USB-C Docking Station. The PC is a Lenovo Yoga 730. The docking station has pass-through power from the Notebook PC power supply into the docking station,
    to the USB-C cable of the docking station, to the USB-C port of the PC. All docking station ports are functioning, including RJ45, HDMI, and various USB ports for other external devices. The only thing not functioning is power to the PC through the USB-C
    port.

RoyTaylor4, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Eberwurz Win User

docking station problems

But the laptop you try to power up is of the same brand as the docking station?

Did you install the driver for the docking station from the manufacturer? This is docking station behaviour and should be working without further settings by the user.

Eberwurz, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. 2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station - Similar Threads - Problems laptop docking

2. 2 HDMI C docking station not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 HDMI C docking station not working.: Hello there I have a laptop ASUS VivoBook S15 and I haven't been able to set up double monitors via C hub/ dock. I've tried to find a solution online but nothing seems to be working. Both monitors work when I connect them directly to the laptop. I've also done the...
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  7. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  8. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Anyone using a Universal Docking Station - for 2 monitors on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyone using a Universal Docking Station - for 2 monitors on a laptop?: I have a friend who is trying to use two monitors on her laptop. A splitter is not working for her. We are looking at Docking Stations as a solution. Is anyone here doing this? I'd like to know a couple of things. Do these require a USB 3.1 port? A lot have/need a USB-C...
  10. Docking station detection problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Docking station detection problem: Hi I have bought Gold Touch HDDS-U3 docking station, I plugged both usb cables to the computer (one to SSUsb port and one to regular port), waiting for 30 minutes while it was turn off (for battery charging). After that I insert a 3.5' HDD and turn it on. Nothing happen....