Windows 10: 2 queries

Discus and support 2 queries in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hope no one objects to asking 2 differnet queries in one? 1. In the start menu - Apps isn't showing 2. I used to be able to drag a url to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by woldsweather, Jan 31, 2016.

1. 2 queries

Hope no one objects to asking 2 differnet queries in one?

1. In the start menu - Apps isn't showing

2. I used to be able to drag a url to the desktop for easy referencing later (as in send to dektop create shortcut)

Neither work?

:)

woldsweather, Jan 31, 2016
  2. katebe83 Win User

LINE 2 QUERY PLS HELP I'M DESPERATE!

A number 2 has appeared in the top right hand corner of my nokia 7610. I cannot make outgoing calls.

My boyfriend tells me it is the line in use, however I cannot find out how to cancel it- in my help it says under call settings there is an option for 'line in use' but to activate it you need your Pin 2 code, I have no idea what this is or how I have managed
    to change the line in use without the option being there!

I would really appreciate some help/ answers

Thanks

katebe83, Jan 31, 2016
  3. petrib Win User
    LINE 2 QUERY PLS HELP I'M DESPERATE!

A long press of the '#' key will switch between Line 1/Line 2.

petrib, Jan 31, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

2 queries

1. no idea
    2. you have to drag the favicon

5. Yes that used to work and has stopped.

6. Is your 10 install an upgrade or clean install by chance? If it was an upgrade the Start menu, Start button are the two most commonly seen problems as far as the Windows gui is concerned. The Start button will be missing or something in the Start if not the entire Start menu will simply refuse to open forcing the second clean install.

Ran into that mess initially with the 10240 upgrades! The fact that the AllApps is missing sounds too much like that where the Start button is missing yet you still see the Start menu open without the button. have you tried clicking at the bottom to see the AllApps opens anyways without the item?

As for dragging web pages to the desktop I never got into that much but would advise simply bookmarking the page instead for later reference. In FireFox or one of the variants if not using Edge or having IE enabled you would simply open up the Bookmarks tab and hit the "Bookmark This Page" option. You can always dump it later by scrolling to the bottom of the All bookmarks or simply drag it onto the bookmarks bar which simplifies it further to add and remove.

Now those two things bring us right back to a buggy upgrade? or a bug in the clean install. Here I just dragged this thread onto the desktop with ease! The other suggestion however generally works quite well. The icon on the address bar right before the "www" is what is generally clicked on first to then drag the page wherever! onto the Favorites or Bookmarks bar or onto the desktop. But if that is the problem you are having it comes as no surprise when the Start>AllApps is missing!

Night Hawk, Jan 31, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Could you please clarify:
    1. Have you ever seen the universal apps, and if so, do you know what happened around the time they disappeared?
    OR
    2. Have you just upgraded to/installed Win 10 ( which?) and the apps aren't present?

3. If you upgraded, can you see some of your old Start Menu entries in Win 10's start menu, but not the universal apps?

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  8. 2 queries

9. dalchina New Member
    Ok, I recommend you do an In-place upgrade install repair.
    For this you need an installation medium with the same build as you have installed.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install

Recommendation:
    Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time
    (much shorter than an in-place upgrade repair).

Recommended: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free) + their boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
    Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 queries

1. 2 queries - Similar Threads - queries

2. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  3. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  6. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sysmon DNS Query Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon> But type: 1 is not displayed for logs when I try to generate Type A DNS...
  8. Sysmon DNS Query Support

Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon> But type: 1 is not displayed for logs when I try to generate Type A DNS...
  9. Sysmon DNS Query Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon>But I am only able to see logs with QueryResults: type: 5 and not any other...
  10. Sysmon DNS Query Support

Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon>But I am only able to see logs with QueryResults: type: 5 and not any other...