Windows 10: 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

Discus and support 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got 2 questions about Fast Startup: - Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC. - Is it true that one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xlook, Aug 25, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

I got 2 questions about Fast Startup:

- Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC.

- Is it true that one should reduce the size of the hibernate file if you use Fast Startup?

:)

xlook, Aug 25, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

I'm going to guess that this question has been answered at least five times in this thread.

JimWynne, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Shutdown, but user stays logged in

I would turn Fast Startup back on, then, probably. But what about the other possibilities I posted on page 2 of this thread - the Sign-in Options setting & the DOS shutdown?

PCR Just PCR, Aug 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No one uses it and yes you should turn it off along with Hibernate mode. Disable Hibernate as a Administrator of the Command Window with powercfg /hibernate off

bro67, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup' - Similar Threads - Questions 'Fast Startup'

2. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  3. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  4. Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup question: I just read that there is a setting in the power section called 'turn on fast startup. This is not listed on my pc under shutdown settings. Only lists 'sleep' and 'lock'. Do I need to unhide this button somehow? Do I need to be signed on as ADMIN? Thank you. windows 10...
  5. Logon/fast startup questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon/fast startup questions.: Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected? Also, If I turn on my computer and sign into my account sometimes either something that I left open when it turned it off will be back and open. Or if I know I’m the only one...
  6. Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?: Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ? I know it is for raid and I dont have any Raid Setup But I do have 2 Big SSDs one for windows and game and the other is less then a month old ssd for backups but ever sines I Installed this Rapid Storage When the app starts i get...
  7. Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?: Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ? I know it is for raid and I dont have any Raid Setup But I do have 2 Big SSDs one for windows and game and the other is less then a month old ssd for backups but ever sines I Installed this Rapid Storage When the app starts i get...
  8. Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question: I already had hibernation disabled when update to 1607 (anniversary job) came today (and was flawless, in under an hour). I wanted to make sure fast startup continues to be off because dual boot with windows 7 didn't like fast startup. But after this update to 1607 both...
  9. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  10. Question regarding Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Fast Startup: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section. Recently I found out about the Fast Startup feature in Win8/10. (Aka hybrid shutdown) ( If you have no idea what I'm talking about: The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode ) My question is what would happen when you have a...