Windows 10: 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

Discus and support 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got 2 questions about Fast Startup: - Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC. - Is it true that one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xlook, Aug 25, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

I got 2 questions about Fast Startup:

- Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC.

- Is it true that one should reduce the size of the hibernate file if you use Fast Startup?

:)

xlook, Aug 25, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

I'm going to guess that this question has been answered at least five times in this thread.

JimWynne, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Shutdown, but user stays logged in

I would turn Fast Startup back on, then, probably. But what about the other possibilities I posted on page 2 of this thread - the Sign-in Options setting & the DOS shutdown?

PCR Just PCR, Aug 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No one uses it and yes you should turn it off along with Hibernate mode. Disable Hibernate as a Administrator of the Command Window with powercfg /hibernate off

bro67, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup' - Similar Threads - Questions 'Fast Startup'

2. 2 questions about event manager errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 questions about event manager errors: In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name...
  3. 2 Questions about Disk & Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Questions about Disk & Defragmentation: First of all, I'll show situation with screenshot: [img] 1. Why I have so many recovery partitions on my SSD? Is it okay? Or should I do something to change it? 2. It seems Defragmentation schedule was on weekly and all disks were checked by default. My question is...
  4. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  5. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  6. Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question: I already had hibernation disabled when update to 1607 (anniversary job) came today (and was flawless, in under an hour). I wanted to make sure fast startup continues to be off because dual boot with windows 7 didn't like fast startup. But after this update to 1607 both...
  7. 2 questions about Windows build numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    2 questions about Windows build numbers: The command Winver shows what your current Windows build number is. Mine is 10240 because I installed the first available "production" version - the so-called RTM (Release to Manufacturing) version. But what about subsequent versions/build numbers: 1. Does applying all...
  8. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  9. Question regarding Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Fast Startup: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section. Recently I found out about the Fast Startup feature in Win8/10. (Aka hybrid shutdown) ( If you have no idea what I'm talking about: The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode ) My question is what would happen when you have a...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...