Windows 10: 2 questions hope this is the right forum

Discus and support 2 questions hope this is the right forum in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by debgram, May 8, 2019.

1. debgram Win User

2 questions hope this is the right forum

In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!!

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name "DEBBIE-PC :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.135. The computer with the IP address 192.168.1.134 did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer.

:)

debgram, May 8, 2019

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 8, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, May 8, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

3 questions for Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing with the desktop.

As you have multiple issues with the desktop, let me assist you with the issues one by one.

Question 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the Desktop, right-click on an empty space.

• In the drop down options, select
      View.

• Uncheck the option: Auto arrange icons.
    Question 2:

The information provided in question 2 is not clear, so kindly answer the below question;

• About which “favorites” you are talking about
      (EDGE or WINDOWS EXPLORER or INTERNET EXPLORER)?
    Question 3:

I suggest you to refer the below link to change Adobe to open PDF files instead of Edge and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. 2 questions hope this is the right forum - Similar Threads - questions hope right

2. where is my last question on this forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my last question on this forum: I posted a question or two on my last visit to this site maybe a year a go. Rather than start over I would like to go back to those questions. Is there some way to find it or should I start again?...
  3. where is my last question on this forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my last question on this forum: I posted a question or two on my last visit to this site maybe a year a go. Rather than start over I would like to go back to those questions. Is there some way to find it or should I start again?...
  4. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  5. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  6. I can't type a question in this forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't type a question in this forum: I can write about 2 lines then it won't let me continue although I see others who have written several lines in a question. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-a-question-in-this-forum/d0b239a7-98b0-4679-9b7d-d401e658dd71
  7. Forum categorisation question

in Windows 10 Support
    Forum categorisation question: Hello, is there a way to remove a thread start from one section of this forum and put it in another one please. I've started a thread but now I realise its in the wrong category. Thanks, Stuart 173404
  8. I hope this is the right place to be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hope this is the right place to be: I own Halo Wars 2 on Xbox, but when signed into the windows store/Xbox store on my PC it is making me pay to get the game even though I should have access to it. The reason it’s not showing up is because I uninstalled it because the game was glitching out. Now, I can’t re...
  9. File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask!

in Windows 10 Support
    File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask!: Ok so here's what I used to have orange boring cones for .mp3 .mp4 . all my many file types that I would look at daily. I really need to change the look of things. So I downloaded something called "Filetypesman" which is totally freak out of this world for a quick way to...
  10. This question is about inserting images in this forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    This question is about inserting images in this forum?: Hi I'd like to know how I insert an image in my posts without it repeating the image below the main body of the post. It seem that every time I post an image I end up with is appearing twice, I've messed around with it but when I try and remove the attachment the...