Windows 10: 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped

Discus and support 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to zip multiple folders and I don't know how to zip multiple at once so I'm trying to do a work around that way it takes less time. (1) I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dawn121988, Jul 24, 2020.

1. 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped

I need to zip multiple folders and I don't know how to zip multiple at once so I'm trying to do a work around that way it takes less time.

(1) I want to make the zip icon always show or remove it from the "Rigth-Click>Send To" and just have it some where in the "Right-Click" area if possible. What I mean by always show is sometimes when I click on a specific folder I need to left click on "Share" to make sure I can see the zip icon. I did place it on the "Quick Access Toolbar" but that darn bar is so small I can't really see it to well. Is there a way to make that bar bigger. If I can make the bar bigger and easier to see I wont need to worry about the "Right-Click Menu" or the "Share" tab.

(2) Is there a way to stop going to the new zip folder every time I zip a folder. I zip a folder and then it takes me to the new folder to rename it. But the name is correct every time. I want to zip to be the same name as the original folder. I just want to click "Zip" and then have the new folder created and then click "Delete" to remove the original folder.

Its pretty simple. I want to be able to do this with all the folders I zip. I am really into Japanese Manga and have a few I need to rename and turn into Zip folders but this will take me forever. I there a faster way of doing this.

Thank You!

:)

Dawn121988, Jul 24, 2020
  2. MrBison Win User

2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped

Explorer "send to"

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped [​IMG]

Winrar "compress to" context
    Example
    Options > Context Menu itens > uncheck compress to mail

winzip i not use.

MrBison, Jul 26, 2020
  3. 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped

I go into window file explorer and click "Share Tab and then Zip Icon" once I select a folder I want to zip. I can also do this with right click. But hitting the icon is just faster.
    The place where I added the zip icon is to small is there a way to make it bigger. I don't care much for the "Zip" being in the "Share" tab area so I added it to the "Quick Access Toolbar" but the toolbar is way to small. I would like to try and make the toolbar bigger if possible.

Once I make the new "Zip" folder it always moves to the folder I just made instead of staying where I was.
    I would like to just "Select the folder" then hit "Zip Icon" then stay on the same folder instead of moving to the new "Zipped Folder" and then "select the next folder in the list to "Zip". Otherwise with so many folders I need to zip it gets confusing where I am at and how many I have done. If I just start from the top and work my way down it is much easier. But with it going to the new folder every time its a bit harder.

I hope this makes sense.

I have heard of work around tricks with using Auto Hot Key and 7zip. But I don't know how to use Auto Hot Key.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have the free 7 zip program but I don't know how to really use it to well I have never really needed to zip folders or files before and I am only doing this now because I need to for my manga. That is the only reason.

Is there a way to use 7 zip to zip multiple folders at once or is there away to zip one folder at a time and automatically delete the original folder once zipped folder is made.

Dawn121988, Jul 26, 2020
  4. 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped

With this if I right click on a folder and select more then one and then select zip with the windows 10 "Zip" icon it makes a folder for the first folder and places all the other folders inside the first folder selected. But I need each folder zipped and having there own folder not be placed inside a different folder. That is another issue I was having I have not tried using 7 zip this way yet but will give it a try.

If I select 10 folders to Zip I need to have 10 different folders not just 9 placed into the first zipped folder. I need each one zipped. I hope this makes sense.

Dawn121988, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 Questions how to move zip icon and how to stop moving to zipped - Similar Threads - Questions move zip

2. How to stop desktop icons moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop desktop icons moving: Hi there,I have an issue don't we all where my desktop icons continuously, after gaming or system restarts etc, move to the my 2nd display and have changed order etc.I have seen many threads where people have similar issues but not this particular issue.I am running a dual...
  3. How to stop desktop icons moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop desktop icons moving: Hi there,I have an issue don't we all where my desktop icons continuously, after gaming or system restarts etc, move to the my 2nd display and have changed order etc.I have seen many threads where people have similar issues but not this particular issue.I am running a dual...
  4. moving/extract the zip files with original order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving/extract the zip files with original order: The picture shows here that the the extracted file don't have option like "sort by" to set it at orignal order, it is only automatically alphabetically, these images are pages, so it's need to be ordered, how can I do that to other folder? because i will convert it at once on...
  5. moving/extract the zip files with original order

moving/extract the zip files with original order: The picture shows here that the the extracted file don't have option like "sort by" to set it at orignal order, it is only automatically alphabetically, these images are pages, so it's need to be ordered, how can I do that to other folder? because i will convert it at once on...
  6. .zip files icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .zip files icon: I somehow lost the .zip file icon how do I get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-icon/a0f53e7a-c05d-4ae4-a729-c95877547f28
  7. .zip files icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .zip files icon: I somehow lost the .zip file icon how do I get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-icon/a0f53e7a-c05d-4ae4-a729-c95877547f28
  8. .zip files icon

9. How to use Windows 10 Task scheduler to extract zip and move file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use Windows 10 Task scheduler to extract zip and move file?: I'd like to set up an automation or task on my windows machine. It seems like task scheduler could do this. Ideally I'd like it to trigger when I move a .zip file into a folder. Have it unzip the file and move the contents into a folder based on the current date. What's...
  10. 7-Zip question thanks!

7-Zip question thanks!: Hi All, Just trying to get my head around 7-Zip. Can someone please tell me what the options below the 7-Zip are? I couldn't find out on their web site. CRC SHA etc???? Thanks!!! If it's obvious, please excuse my ignorance. [img] 65649