Windows 10: 2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting

Discus and support 2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1st question/problem is , the @ keeps changing from SHIFT 2 to SHIFT " , this can change daily. 2nd question/problem is , my mouse buttons keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cockpuncher, Sep 9, 2020.

1. 2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting

1st question/problem is , the @ keeps changing from SHIFT 2 to SHIFT " , this can change daily.

2nd question/problem is , my mouse buttons keep reverting to default, even when the box is checked to "switch primary button and secondary buttons" this can change daily also, can a windows update do this? strange part is, i have 3 PCS all doing the same thing.

thanks, and i hope you guys are all doing well during covid/ISO

:)

cockpuncher, Sep 9, 2020

2. Click Twice to open links, hit buttons, close tabs

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing single click option after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if this issue confined only with the accessing website on browsers (Which browser)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

This problem may occur for the following reasons:

• You are inadvertently double-clicking instead of single-clicking.
    • The mouse settings have been modified, either manually or by another program, to send a multiple-click command when you perform a single physical click.
    • The mouse drivers are corrupted.
    • The mouse hardware is defective.

Step 1: I suggest you to restore the mouse buttons to default and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Click Start, point to Settings, and then click
      Control Panel.
    • Double-click Mouse.
    • On the Buttons tab, click Restore Defaults. If the problem impacts only a specific program, click the
      Settings button, choose that program, and then click Restore Defaults.

Note: If Restore Defaults is not available, all your button assignments are already set to default mode.
    • Click OK.

If you are using external mouse, try the below.

Step 2: Test the mouse on another computer or test a different mouse on the computer To determine whether the mouse or the computer is defective, follow these steps:

• Test the mouse in question on a system that you know is working. If the problem appears to follow the mouse, you may have to return or replace the mouse.
    • Test a mouse that you know is working on the computer in question. If the problem appears to remain on the computer, then the problem is most likely software-related.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Default Browser tab opened when clicking both mouse buttons (left and right)

Hi,

Pressing both mouse buttons replicate the function of the middle button to open a new tab. This could've been triggered due to a change on your driver settings after the recent update. As an initial step, we suggest that you update your mouse driver to reset
    any changes to default. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . Once you're done check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 9, 2020
  4. 2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting

right mouse button

Hi Rob,

In order for us to better assist you with your issue on right mouse button, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows 10 to its latest version?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting

1. 2 questions , wheres my @ and mouse buttons keep defaulting - Similar Threads - questions wheres mouse

2. Mouse buttons keep swapping left-right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse buttons keep swapping left-right: On all my Windows computers running Windows 10 and 11, with 3 different mice, I have a problem with my mouse buttons swapping the primary button. It used to only happen after a Windows update, but now it happens much more often, often in the middle of work. I must reset it...
  3. Primary mouse button resets to default after rebooting my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary mouse button resets to default after rebooting my PC: I am using Windows 10 20H2 but only upgraded to that version yesterday to try fix this issue, before that it was 1904. I have a logitech trackball mouse and have set the primary button to be Left instead of Right. In the last few days I have had to reboot my pc and the...
  4. "Mouse 2" button just keeps loading on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Mouse 2" button just keeps loading on desktop: I just resetted my pc and my mouse 2 button stopped working properly. When i right-click mouse2 on desktop it just shows the blue spinning circle loading. However, it works everywhere else for example taskbar and browser, it even works if i click an icon on desktop....
  5. Where is my question?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is my question?: I asked a question why Apple Music stopped functioning on my PC, but I can'find it. Where is my question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-question/e0bd1c04-64b3-4562-bfb4-aec90dbe226b
  6. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails: Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away. Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be displayed. A Right Btn Click actually displays the popup menu. This was the condition when I bought the machine....
  7. mouse buttons keep switching

mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  8. mouse buttons keep switching

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  9. Where is my default Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is my default Desktop?: Hello everyone, what is **** for Windows 10? I feel disappointed because Windows 10 fakes my expensive work time. Why do I should do with Windows 10? No Thanks. I WANT GET BACK MY ORIGINAL DESKTOP. It looks like Desktop background is 3 sphere next light plane and 3...
  10. 2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button: I've two questions concerning the Start Button; 1) I have Word as an icon on the Taskbar but no way can I find it in the Start Button 2) After bringing the machine out of Sleep or Hibernate, the Start Button is still up & showing. Is there a way to have that not showing...