Windows 10: 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

Discus and support 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChipWickenden, Jan 13, 2022.

1. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into the unallocated space? If so, how?

:)

ChipWickenden, Jan 13, 2022
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1? :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Jan 13, 2022
  4. trickson Win User

2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

1. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1? - Similar Threads - Recovery Partitions Delete

2. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  3. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  4. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  5. 2 recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 recovery partitions: Hi I was looking at my c drive ssd why are there 2 recovery partitions [ATTACH]ho can i fix tat beau? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-recovery-partitions/572b7a27-a09c-446a-a060-dafa6c9493c1
  6. Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?: I upgraded to 1903 about 2 weeks ago (6/17) and I've notice that I now have two recovery partitions. [img] Neither of them is enabled. [img] There is a Recovery folder on "C" but its empty. [img] One of the recovery partitions was created on the day of the upgrade and...
  7. Is it ok to delete this partition ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it ok to delete this partition ?: [img] I know how to do that, but not sure if I should keep the OEM partition as is. 125709
  8. delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete recovery partition: delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delete-recovery-partition/14446a8a-df85-41a2-b0aa-05686c1185d6
  9. 2 recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 recovery partitions: after performing an upgrade, I have 2 recovery partitions, the same size, one at the beginning of the disk and the new one at the end of the disk I only need one, right? Two ideas came to mind: 1 boot into linux, copy the contents of the second partition to the first...
  10. Deleted Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Recovery Partition: I have an HP laptop that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 weeks ago and tonight I accidentally reformatted my D: drive recovery partition. I have recovery media on a USB pen drive that I made back when I first set up my computer. Has Windows 10 changed...