Windows 10: 2 school accounts

Discus and support 2 school accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I remove my old school account and keep my new one associated with my user account? My file explorer only contains files from my old account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryS1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. HarryS1 Win User

2 school accounts

how do I remove my old school account and keep my new one associated with my user account? My file explorer only contains files from my old account and nothing from my new one drive account. I've contacted customer support and they successfully changed my Microsoft licensing to my current school account but I still can't access my files locally. Do I have to ret my computer?

:)

HarryS1, Oct 11, 2018

2. Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 11, 2018
  4. 2 school accounts

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

2 school accounts

1. 2 school accounts - Similar Threads - school accounts

2. Network discovery across account types (Local cannot see work or school)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network discovery across account types (Local cannot see work or school): How can I make my pc logged in with a work or school account discover pc's signed in with a local account and vice versa on my private network? There is no documentation that i can find anywhere and even my IT guy cannot fix this. Please help....
  3. Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10 but the account does not exist in my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10 but the account does not exist in my...: I have an old school account that constantly wants me to log in, i do not have access to this accout (old email and password does not work). When i went to delete it from my account settings there is not an option for it to delete it....
  4. Windows 10 Home became Windows 10 Education after logging/linking into school account on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home became Windows 10 Education after logging/linking into school account on...: Hi, So I got a laptop for school and it came installed with Windows 10 Home. When I logged into my school account my windows 10 home became a Windows 10 Education after I did q reboot. So is I possible if I can install Windows 10 Home and Windows Education together so that I...
  5. Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account: Hi all, My Windows 10 license was on my university e-mail address, which is deleted after I graduated. The result is that I am locked out of my desktop computer, because I activated my Windows 10 license by using my university e-mail address. When I try to enter my...
  6. "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter: I receive this error popup when restarting the machine and at irregular intervals thereafter. I have Windows 10, and an o365 subscription. When I click on the link to fix the problem, I am presented with a list of 3 accounts which have previously logged on to this...
  7. Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365: Hello, I found some issues today on my account when it does not fully sign out. When I logged in by my sharepoint then tried to log off from the Office homepage, it gave me an error saying "Sorry, but we are having trouble singing you out." It also gave me a code: Request...
  8. Cannot setup the Office 365 school account in Windows mail/Calendar after Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot setup the Office 365 school account in Windows mail/Calendar after Windows 10...: Hi, I used to access my Office 365 School account on Mail (Surface computer). After Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 I cannot access the Office 365 account. Initially the mail tool said the account needs fixing, and when I try to fix it, a windows login does not...
  9. user account tied with school account screw up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account tied with school account screw up: Ok I didn't realize this at the time but I started school last year at a local community college and I'm an IT major. I've been out of computers for a long time and starting this I purchased a laptop got a copy of windows 10 education from the school and installed it on my...
  10. Work School account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work School account: We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password. When users reset their password, outlook...