Windows 10: 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?

Discus and support 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 identical monitors with the same resolution connected to my laptop. Since my PC has only one HDMI output, I connected the 2nd monitor with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mixmo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. mixmo Win User

2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?

I have 2 identical monitors with the same resolution connected to my laptop. Since my PC has only one HDMI output, I connected the 2nd monitor with a USB-HDMI adapter.

So far, everything works fine, except that the mouse pointer is much larger on one screen.

I use the screens in advanced mode and when I move from one screen to another, the mouse pointer simply gets bigger. The rest is absolutely identical.

What can I do?

Many thanks in advance

:)

mixmo, Jul 10, 2020

2. pointer size

Hi,

Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3:Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Way 2: Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Hope it works

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Jul 10, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

4. 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?

Why are UIs different sizes?

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if they help:

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer? - Similar Threads - screens different sizes

2. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  3. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  4. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing Mouse Pointer Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Mouse Pointer Size: Hello All: I Understand about % scaling of text and other things between multiple monitors. I have a 4k monitor, 2k one, and a 1080. You know what would be friggin awesome? A way to change the size of the mouse from 1 display to the other. So, that...
  6. Mouse pointer different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer different on dual monitors: Windows 10 with dual monitors in extended mode. Working fine until recently. The mouse pointer on the left display works fine, basic arrow pointer. When you move the mouse to the display on the right, the mouse pointer changes to the "blue circle" busy pointer which makes it...
  7. Size of mouse pointers -- NOT the usual settings

Size of mouse pointers -- NOT the usual settings: I somehow managed to change the size of my mouse pointer independently of the settings in Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers. Whatever I did let me make the pointer quite large. Now I'd like to change it back, but I've forgotten what I did. Does anybody have any idea what I'm...
  8. Giant size mouse pointer and curser.

in Windows 10 Support
    Giant size mouse pointer and curser.: For the longest time, my Win 10 (v 10.0.18363) PC has had an annoying habit of suddenly jumping from my small mouse pointer and curser size to a GIANT SIZE of each. The settings for such things has not changed, but I cannot find a way to reverse the change. Can anyone give me...
  9. pointer size

pointer size: how do I increase size of pointer? I have low vision and it is hard to see/find pointer on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-size/402f3099-9a3c-4feb-b8b6-3c7464515e39
  10. How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties: looking for mouse pointer properties. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-the-mouse-pointer-size-mouse/5781e25a-e477-4e72-b6ba-01264df8fe28