Windows 10: 2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding)

Discus and support 2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So I was trying to fix some problems with windows and I downloaded windows 7 x64 SP1, and tried to install it on windows 10, it failed obviously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AHairyPototoe, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding)

Hi, So I was trying to fix some problems with windows and I downloaded windows 7 x64 SP1, and tried to install it on windows 10, it failed obviously (figured out later) and during the installation a few cmd windows popped up and then a failed message appeared, and now I have 2 scroll bars on Facebook and the scroll bars will no longer auto hide, and they show up where they shouldn't be. I don't know what the service pack changed but I've been trying to solve this for 2 days now. If anyone could provide any insight to what could have happen that would be much appreciated. I've ran out of ideas...

The scroll bars are having this problem across all browsers.

2 scroll bars
    Details of Service Pack

submitted by /u/AHairyPototoe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AHairyPototoe, Mar 25, 2020
  2. jrowla Win User

Auto hide task bar

If I right click the task bar, I have no Auto Hide selection. How do I auto hide task bar?

jrowla, Mar 25, 2020
  3. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding) tpu.png

anticlutch, Mar 25, 2020
  4. DAOWAce Win User

2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding)

Scroll bar disappears (auto hides) in Windows 10 and Office 2013

I recently upgraded to 10 and am feeling the effects of this horrible design choice as well.

I'm just trying to use the basic Windows UI, and I'm scrolling through a list of things in the new 'metro' UI windows which don't support middle mouse clicking to bring up that auto-scroll feature that's been a part of Windows for years.

I resorted to just leaving my mouse cursor over the scroll bar and clicking when I went to scroll a page.

Infuriatingly, this auto-hide feature prevents me from doing that. I have to wiggle the mouse in order to get it working again.

Ironically, I'm using the accessibility version of Windows 10. There's no option to disable this even here.

It just baffles me how the accessibility of Windows 10 is WORSE than Vista/7. I can't fathom what the developers are thinking; the UI just gets worse and worse every Windows release.

DAOWAce, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding)

1. 2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding) - Similar Threads - Scroll bars auto

2. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  3. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  4. Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11: The task bar is not auto-hiding even though I have the box checked in settings.Anyone have a fix, or how to let Microsoft know of the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-auto-hide-not-lowering-windows-11/ac1c5933-5bdb-4409-958e-1161c2ee2efb
  5. Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  6. Automatically Hide Scroll Bars Within Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically Hide Scroll Bars Within Windows: Does anyone know if this feature should be working in Browsers or is it strictly only Windows apps? I find the bright white Chrome scroll bar to be super annoying. There used to be a flag for this to disappear when not in use but it's been removed. I was hoping to find a...
  7. Windows 10 Scroll Bar Color Accent or Hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Scroll Bar Color Accent or Hide: [ATTACH] Hi folks, I have a Samsung QLED 32:9 gaming monitor, 2 months old and already it started to develop image retention / burn in, not sure why because is still an LCD panel...really pissed off by this.. My question will be, is there any possibility to auto hide or...
  8. Task bar auto-hiding issues

Task bar auto-hiding issues: My computer is a Lenovo laptop, running Windows 10. I'm an educator, and my computer setup is controlled, by some extent, by my district IT group. My typical windows setup is to have my task bar set to auto hide/unhide when I'm working. I often have a second monitor plugged...
  9. Task bar auto-hide

Task bar auto-hide: Task bar automatic hide just quit working...can get it to hide momentarily by clicking on/off win start button checked "task bar" settings -- good...re-booted -- no diff...
  10. auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.: so this problem only seems to happen in chrome. whenever i hover over the bottom side of the scroll bar it will auto scroll down. it does not happen when i hover the top half. fairly annoying when im tabbing back and forth from videos to games and such. any help is...