Windows 10: 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

Discus and support 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was able to use 2 sided long edge printing earlier today and now it will only print 2 sided short edge. I have changed the settings and it still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelleRowan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

I was able to use 2 sided long edge printing earlier today and now it will only print 2 sided short edge. I have changed the settings and it still not print on long edge

:)

MichelleRowan, Oct 29, 2020

2. MS Edge 2-sided print function gives no print button

In MS Edge, when I go to Print/More Settings/Duplex Printing/Print on 2 sides (flip on long edge), then Okay, there is a spinning circle for a while but no Print button. How do I print on both sides with MS Edge (on Windows 10)?

WilliamBLynn, Oct 29, 2020
  3. MS Edge 2-sided print function gives no print button

I have now discovered that if I select Collated under Collation after I have selected 2-sided printing under Duplex Printing, then Okay, the Print button appears. (The default under Collation seems to be Uncollated.)

So the necessary sequence is

Print (from the three dots menu in the upper right corner)

Set desired values on first page

More Settings (bottom of the first Print page)

Duplex Printing

2-sided, flip on long side (or short side if preferred)

Collation

Collated

Okay

Print

WilliamBLynn, Oct 29, 2020
  4. 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT specific to a program. I've tried Word, Open Office Writer, Notepad, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox... ALL Windows
    printing "two-sided" is ONLY short edge. Even the latest drivers from Brother (the printer is a Brother HL-L8350CDW) do not help. I recently changed from a Mac which was more capable of printing properly, as my wife's Windows 7 laptop. This seems to be a Windows
    10 Pro specific issue- and NO ONE has a solution.

Any ideas? It sucks having to make a document or save it on the PC, and move to my 10 year old Mac to print it b/c Windows is failing to follow a basic settings option properly.

MatthewBartlett1, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

1. 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing - Similar Threads - sided long edge

2. 2 sided printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 sided printing: I just got a new computer with Windows 11, for some reason I can not print 2 sided/ duplex from my excel any more ..other applications I can. I have set up the printer under devices on the computer and in the excel program for 2 sided/ duplex printing but it still prints on 2...
  3. 2 sided printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 sided printing: I just got a new computer with Windows 11, for some reason I can not print 2 sided/ duplex from my excel any more ..other applications I can. I have set up the printer under devices on the computer and in the excel program for 2 sided/ duplex printing but it still prints on 2...
  4. Print on both sides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print on both sides: Hi,After upgrading to Windows11, my print settings no longer have a print on both sides option double sided printing, and neither do I get any option to select Duplex under Preferences. I have read a few threads, and unable to find the answer to my issue. I was previously...
  5. Print on both sides

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print on both sides: Hi,After upgrading to Windows11, my print settings no longer have a print on both sides option double sided printing, and neither do I get any option to select Duplex under Preferences. I have read a few threads, and unable to find the answer to my issue. I was previously...
  6. Double sided printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double sided printing: How do I double side printing in windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-sided-printing/2467bf63-324a-4545-a7c2-65cdd012dbb6
  7. Double sided printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double sided printing: When I am trying to print double sided, it doesn't matter if I choose to flip on long edge or short edge, the backside is always upside down to the front side. This used to print just fine, and just started doing this a few months ago. Help?...
  8. Two Sided Printing

Two Sided Printing: Ever since purchasing a WIN10 computer my HP LaserJet Pro 400 no longer prints two sided. The option is available in the printing APP but does not print two sided after selection. any ideas on fix? Thanks...
  9. two side printing

two side printing: How do you get out of print both side command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-side-printing/7f6682d9-cd59-43d1-bad3-3d5f7416706f
  10. Double sided printing

Double sided printing: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. I'm trying to print double sided on a Brother 9330CDW. There is no option to print double sided and in the settings it says Duplex Unit not installed (this is greyed out so I cant change it). I can print double sided on the same...