Windows 10: 2 speed router settings not visible or accessible

Discus and support 2 speed router settings not visible or accessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ASUS 2 speed router - it worked fine in Win 7, allowing me to target the 5.2 MHz stream toward my TV for streaming, and use the 2.5 MHz speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DCnWV, Nov 4, 2015.

1. DCnWV Win User

2 speed router settings not visible or accessible

I have an ASUS 2 speed router - it worked fine in Win 7, allowing me to target the 5.2 MHz stream toward my TV for streaming, and use the 2.5 MHz speed for the computers, tablets & phones.

Well, I lost my motherboard, and purchased a CPU with Windows 10. I cannot tell what the router is doing - Windows 10 seems to think I do not require this information, and will not allow me to even SEE the router settings, let alone change them. The stream to the TV seems fine - the CPU internet is slow.

Anyway - if anyone knows how I can access the router settings, please enlighten me!

:)

DCnWV, Nov 4, 2015
  2. Tomtech3 Win User

My Wifi is stuck on 802.11g

I tried method 1 and method 2 again with no change.

On further analysis my modem appears to ne operating as a type N since I am getting 150mbps to one of my WiFi routers. The other is showing 72mbps under ideal conditions.

I am changing providers and will eliminate the router which shows 150mbps e router which shows because it only has 12mbps internet access speed.

The router which shows 72mbps is on for a provider which provides 120mbps internet access speed and will be replaced by an after market router.

Tomtech3, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Connect E90 with hided wireless router???

Hi Lyall,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I did this - first when the router was in visible mode I made access point and everithing was fine. But when I put router in invisible mode - the E90 cannot found it.

I think that it is amatter of SW - in mine Win XP I can set access point in visible mode and after setting it in invisible mode - the PC still recognizes the router and manages to connect with it without problems....

So I am trying to find is there any program, which can do this.

Cheers!

jorjino---01, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

You should open your browser and go to the address of the router (see sticker or manual). This in most routers is http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 or the same numbers with 254 at the end instead of 1. Then the user is usually admin and the password is on the sticker or manual.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Open admin command prompt and type: ipconfig
    Look for default gateway, I think it is 192.168.1.1
    default user: admin password: admin

topgundcp, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What is the manufacturer and full model number of the WiFi device in the computer? Maybe it does not have dual band support.

I have two laptops, a 2 year old Dell and a 5 year old Toshiba. The Dell is single band and the Toshiba is Dual Band.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 speed router settings not visible or accessible - Similar Threads - speed router settings

2. Wi-Fi router is visible on Windows 7 but not visible on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi router is visible on Windows 7 but not visible on Windows 10.: My Wi-Fi router is working fine for all other devices but it is not visible on my Windows 10.I have mentally added the device but still, it is not connecting. I also updated my Wi-Fi drivers. But the problem is not solved.ThenI installed Windows 7 on the same laptop. Wi-Fi...
  3. Router remote access settings?

Router remote access settings?: Dear all I was looking through my Router settings, and this one confused me: Screenshot by Lightshot 1. Does it mean remote acccess to my network, or only remote access to the router? 2. The setting below, does it mean, that now everyone can get access to my network or...
  4. Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router

Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router: Hi I have 2 computers - one Windows and one Linux both wireless. Both sit side by side next to the router. Using Ookla - The Linux gives 50mbps and the W10 22Mbps both running just firefox. Any ideas why the half speed on W10 Twin N2830 2.16 chip and how to fix it?...
  5. 2 routers - access to outside router devices

2 routers - access to outside router devices: I have an ASUS router rt-ac66u behind an HH3000 routerSagecomm 5566. When directly connected to the HH3000 by WiFi, I can see It's USB storage using \\mynetwork in documentation per the ISPs instruction. When only connected to the ASUS i did setup a route and, I can ping...
  6. How to access router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access router: I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-router/6df174be-f781-4ca0-8ba3-bcfd7d040571
  7. Folder is not visible or accessible

Folder is not visible or accessible: There's a folder called Recovery in my D: drive and I can't access or see it, even when I choose to show hidden folders. The reason I know it exists is because I get an error message from Google Drive saying D:\Recovery can't be synced. [ATTACH] When I try accessing the...
  8. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...
  9. Trade exchange virus + Unable to access router settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trade exchange virus + Unable to access router settings: Hello everyone! I am facing Trade Exchange virus which creates additional tabs while using browser. I did some research on internet and have tried few methods (Malwarebytes & Adware Removal Tool), but to no help. I read somewhere that this actually is a DNS settings...
  10. 2 Router Profiles

2 Router Profiles: I have 2 router profiles- one Private for configuring router page, printing, etc.- the other a Guest profile for intrnet surfing only.- no configuring, no printing , etc. both have the same ssid but different passwords.- I want to use the guest profile just for testing...