Windows 10: 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Discus and support 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi I have a pc with 1 m2 ssd drive on which win 10 is active how do I transfer everything including win 10 on it to the newer bigger drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by the bear in heels, Apr 8, 2019.

1. 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

hi I have a pc with 1 m2 ssd drive on which win 10 is active how do I transfer everything including win 10 on it to the newer bigger drive and use the bigger one as a replacement c drive I don't have the product key as win was pre installed

:)

the bear in heels, Apr 8, 2019

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Migrating W10 from SSD to USB and then to new SSD

Hi

Some months ago, I bought a new Custom-built PC with a 128G M2 SSD, where Windows lives. Over the months, this SSD has become too full with Program Installs to allow for Windows updates (where it needs to make another copy...). So I have bought a new Samsung
    500G M2 SSD, and I'm now trying to migrate the Windows install across to that, while keeping all my program data intact (so, cloning the old SSD...). The Samsung Migration Magician will not copy the Windows install to USB, and my motherboard only has one M2
    slot.

Is there a way to clone my old SSD to USB, then back to the new SSD once in place on the motherboard? Or, failing that, is an SSD adaptor a good idea, so that I can run the two M2 SSDs together, and use the Magician to clone the old SSD to the new, then
    boot Windows from that?

TIA for any advice...

TonyBridge, Apr 8, 2019
  4. 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Transfer or clone OS from one SSD to larger new SSD

I currently have windows 10 home on my computer and i want to clone the boot drive SSD (250 Gb) to a new larger 500Gb SSD and have that as my. Boot drive. Which migration software works best with windows 10, free or otherwise. They are Samsung SSD's so
    i was just going to try their migration software that comes with the new SSD. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PeterDureska, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

1. 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd - Similar Threads - ssd migration larger

2. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  3. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  4. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  5. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  6. Upgrading to a Larger M.2 SSD, Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to a Larger M.2 SSD, Windows: Not sure if this is the right sub for this but, I currently have an OMEN b HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop w/ 144Hz Anti-Glare G-Sync Display, with GTX 1060. Series number: 17-an120nr It came installed with a 1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive. I...
  7. M2 NVME SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M2 NVME SSD: How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ? Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?...
  8. Upgrading an M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an M2 SSD: My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with me directing most downloads, saving etc to my D drive. so all i need is a M2 converter to USB and use a disc clone program to...
  9. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  10. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd: I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly I have made a macriun image of the old ssd that I will restore on the new replacement When I boot from the ASUS rescue thumb drive will the laptop start normally...