Windows 10: 2 SSDs

Discus and support 2 SSDs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevenGirard, Dec 7, 2019.

1. 2 SSDs

Hello

Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to transfert everything on my 1TO because the 250Go is 3/4 full. I saw couple of tutorials about images on this forum but it was 2017 so i would like to do it properly and i feel this is the right place to ask!

Thanks!

:)

KevenGirard, Dec 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

2 SSDs

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile 2 SSDs :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

2 SSDs

1. 2 SSDs - Similar Threads - SSDs

2. Q: If my Samsung SSDs are working correctly with MS drivers, do I need to install Samsung...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q: If my Samsung SSDs are working correctly with MS drivers, do I need to install Samsung...: I see that Samsung has drivers for my 4 Samsung SSDs but I have not installed them because I see the MS has installed it's own drivers. And my system works fine, I can't report slow speeds but maybe my transfer rates would be faster with Samsung drivers? Is there something to...
  3. Q: If my Samsung SSDs are working correctly with MS drivers, do I need to install Samsung...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Q: If my Samsung SSDs are working correctly with MS drivers, do I need to install Samsung...: I see that Samsung has drivers for my 4 Samsung SSDs but I have not installed them because I see the MS has installed it's own drivers. And my system works fine, I can't report slow speeds but maybe my transfer rates would be faster with Samsung drivers? Is there something to...
  4. SSDs Disappeared from Boot Options

SSDs Disappeared from Boot Options: Hi there,My PC has windows installed on a NVMe SSD drive, and was booting from there just fine.I have another NVMe drive I am using just for storage, and I Also have another SSD storage drive , but it's SATA.I had a WD 1T HDD here from an older PC and I Decided to add to my...
  5. SSDs Disappeared from Boot Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSDs Disappeared from Boot Options: Hi there,My PC has windows installed on a NVMe SSD drive, and was booting from there just fine.I have another NVMe drive I am using just for storage, and I Also have another SSD storage drive , but it's SATA.I had a WD 1T HDD here from an older PC and I Decided to add to my...
  6. SSDs Disappeared from Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC kills two unrelated SSDs one after the other, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC kills two unrelated SSDs one after the other, how?: In windows 10 I got a bsod and grub on an m.2 nvme. That ssd no longer shows up in bios. I then booted on a second ssd with win 10, this one a sata3, rebooted for drivers because it only had windows from my old computer. After an hour I rebooted normally from the sata3 ssd...
  8. PC kills two unrelated SSDs one after the other, how?

PC kills two unrelated SSDs one after the other, how?: In windows 10 I got a bsod and grub on an m.2 nvme. That ssd no longer shows up in bios. I then booted on a second ssd with win 10, this one a sata3, rebooted for drivers because it only had windows from my old computer. After an hour I rebooted normally from the sata3 ssd...
  9. PC kills two unrelated SSDs one after the other, how?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and all 3 SSDs with slow writes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and all 3 SSDs with slow writes: 3 minidump files from today BSODs https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApqUd02gMI4WhgaaRrq2c3UivtQl?e=peQ4bcHi, I've been facing this issue for a couple of months and was wondering if someone has ever faced or has any idea on any other solutions that I may try to fix it.MSI B450M Bazooka Plus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4540673 ssd optimization